Vacuum Cleaners!

Pantalaimon

Teenage Guinea Pig
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
501
Reaction score
695
Points
510
Location
Cornwall
I’ve always used a great big Henry to vacuum in and around the cage on full clean days. But this is extremely frustrating to navigate a small space while fighting a cable, a semi-sentient vacuum, and the actual hose.

I am looking for something a bit smaller and easier to manoeuvre, but that will be able to cope with poo, hair and small bits of hay. As well as doing the floor in the rest of the room.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am happy to spend a little more if it is going to be something that might last me 10+ years.
 
I have an Air Ram vacuum cleaner and I find it's very good at picking up everything! It has no cable and it cleans it's filter if it's been used for more than 2 minutes. It sits on it's own recharge base when not in use that you just plug into the wall. The only downside is that the next time you use it after it's cleaned it filter is you get a cloud of dust out of it the next time you put use it. So don't dust before you've hoovered. It also doesn't come with any accessories.
 
I had a cordless stick vac but the hay blocked it up good and proper. Unblocking it meant that I inhaled a week's worth of concentrated fine dust and had sinusitis for a few days. I had to use my aquarium tweezers to fish hay and compounded dust out of the bends in the tubes and brush head. I tried spraying an anti allergy spray into the tube before dismantling them but this must have gotten into the motor and the stick vac stopped working altogether 🙁 I was quite sick of it by then anyway. As soon as it blocked up it stopped picking up efficiently. I might as well have snorted up the dust from the carpet myself 🤧
 
I bought a Bosch bagged cylinder vac to replace it and can just throw away the bag when it's full. I do sweep up the hay and poop before vacuuming though and just clean up hair, crumbs and dander with the vacuum.
 
Back
Top