• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Veg & Fruit List

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAMELAKT

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can someone please post a link to a guide telling me exactly what fruit and veg is safe for pigs? I have been looking on the net & keep coming across contradicting lists! I need to get stocked up for my new arrivals on Sunday x)

Thanks!

Excellent thank you! I keep reading they shouldn't have cabbage or Broccoli?! I'm printing that off & am going armed to the shop tonight rolleyes

Should really be buying xmas presents not piglets & a truck load of toys :)p Oh well! This is MUCH more fun!

Thanks!

PS. Expect some pix of 2 seriously cute pig babies on Sunday!

Exciting times. :)

Do you know what veg the babies have already been eating? You have to be a bit careful introducing new veg so not to upset their tummies. Good idea to introduce new foods one at a time.

I feed both cabbage and broccoli (although my pigs only tend to like the stalks and not the florets).

How exciting! so you decided to go for it then:))

Brocolli, cauliflower and cabbage in large amounts can contribute to bloat in thier stomachs so should only be fed occasionally and in small amounts..

Carrot, bell peppers, and dandelion leaves are good

I also feed mine corn on the cob, lavender, curly kale, parsnip, pumpkin, and occasionally a piece of apple as a treat:))

Look forward to pics!

Definatley more fun :)
Mine eat broccoli, they don't really like cabbage, quite fussy pigs I have!
Can't wait to see pictures :)

Yep I'm doing it, I've ordered them a snug off the net so the purchasing has begun, no going back! I feel rusty it's been years since I had pigs! How do I measure it out each day, fill a cup?

I'm not too old for this am I, I'm 30! ;) (according to my mum I am!)

Also you kno the fleece, when I wash it 3 times first can I tumble dry it in-between or does it have to dry naturally? Possibly a stupid question sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back