• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vegetable Stains

The2musketeers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if i'm asking too many questions but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where I could have my guinea pigs eat their veggies. It is staining their fleece( mostly the tomato)and is hard to get the stain out. So does anyone have a suggestion of what I can use as a plate that is big enough for them to eat on. Also a bowl does not work and napkins don't either. Any suggestions are great! Thank you!

What colour is the fleece?
I only ask as I have a variety of fleeces and all vege stains have always come out ok in the wash.

But if it continues to be an issue maybe buy a small fleece blanket in a dark colour, and pop this down for them to eat their veggies on, then you can clear it away when they are done.

All my stains come out and I have lots of light coloured fleeces - and i use a bog standard non bio wash powder with some white vinegar. Good tip from @Swissgreys about using a darker colour .. i thought one of mine had been bleeding then i remembered they had a bit of watermelon :lol!:

My Finn and Lara have a food bowl in each of their cages as well as one in their playpen and one in the extra cage. I have huge hay bins for them so if I was concerned about food staining on the fleece, I would probably use their big hay bins.

I wondered if you tried big, heavy food dishes that won't tip over. Those heavy food bowl are the ones I have and I have 4 of them, one in each of their cages, one in playpen, and one in their extra cage.

Back