• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Veggies

Jeri G

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My little piggie, Ginger, will not try any veggies. She is about 4 months old. Shouldn’t she be eating veggies by now?

Sometimes you need to start with one she will eat and work from there.
Try some foods that seem to be general favourites like cucumber or dill which never last more than a few seconds with my lot.
Piggies learn what is safe to eat from their mothers, usually by taking the food out of mum’s mouth.
Your girl is still very young - did her mother get fed veggies?
Is Ginger living with a piggy companion ?
Another piggy will help her learn .
Welcome to the forum and please can we see pictures

I don’t know anything about her mum. I will be getting her a companion very soon. Waiting for the new larger appropriate sized C&C cage. I’m a new piggie owner so just learning all this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
It’s a steep learning curve and I think you are proving to be a great piggy slave.
Your love and care come across and you clearly want to do what is best for your girl.
If you are getting her a companion soon I suggest you read the bonding guides now so that you have the information you need and have an idea of what to expect.
She’s a beauty

What veg have you tried?

My Finn and Lara get romaine lettuce everyday and other variety of veggies, herbs and fruits in moderation.
So you can try baby carrot, cilantro, parsley, basil, kale, cucumber, dandelions, celery, dill, apple, grape, watermelon, baby spring veggies, and etc in moderation to give variety.

Hay should be given at all times with some pellets.

Back