• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Very Cold At Night - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olive

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Out house gets so cold at night time. It is a very old country house and during the night it just gets so cold. I'm really worried that my little guinea pig is too cold. Sometimes it looks like he is shivering.

He has got lots of hay to keep him wrapped up like a blanket.
But is there a little heater that could be plugged in at night time to help keep him that little bit warmer?

I wouldn't get a heater as leaving unattended isn't the best idea. Does the cage have a lid? You could drape a blanket over one side when it gets cold. Also is he a lone piggy? A little buddy could help as they can snuggle up and keep each other warm x

Out house gets so cold at night time. It is a very old country house and during the night it just gets so cold. I'm really worried that my little guinea pig is too cold. Sometimes it looks like he is shivering.

He has got lots of hay to keep him wrapped up like a blanket.
But is there a little heater that could be plugged in at night time to help keep him that little bit warmer?
Hi. Yes I have an electric heater which has sealed chew proof lead, my girls have two wooden beds one has the heater in, it is on all the time, the other doesent have a heater so they choose which one they want, most of the time they choose the heated bed (the beds have roofes on them) what I do is rap the heater in fleece and put another scrunched up fleec inside and they make that comfortable themselves, I have used this heating system about five years now with not one burn or chew issue and they love it. It is Petnap metal chewguard heater it's not cheep but in my case worth every penny, you will find it on Amazon other than this my girls are on fitch bedding, kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back