• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Very light pink tinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveisdivine

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Last night during lap time, we had the girls out on a light blue fleece. Moe did a little wee and when she moved away I could see the patch of wee, and in the middle of the wee patch was a VERY light pink tinge, I pointed it out to the OH and then after about 15 seconds it had disappeared and there was just a white colour to the whole patch like normal.

She made no noise while she was weeing, to suggest there was any pain, and didnt look uncomfortable. We have not heard any wheeks from her at all whilst weeing or pooing.

Obviously I am thinking about a potential UTI.

What do you guys think? I could get her to the vets tomorrow.

We had a similar problem with Gloria a while back, she didnt have any discolouration to her urine, but she was always wheeking when she wee'd. We had her urine tested though and it showed nothing and now she is fine.

Keep an eye on it. It can be a one off or the very early stages of UTI when there are no definite symptoms yet and it is not all that easy to diagnose.

My Llewelyn had clearly reddish urine in between clear once, and yet an urine test didn't find any traces of blood. However, he came down with UTI the following week. Typically, it all happened in the run up/over Easter....

Best of luck!

Last edited:
I think I might get a urine sample and take it down tomorrow. Its a bank holiday here on Friday and Monday so I wouldnt want to run into trouble over the holiday period.

Thanks Weibke!

Oh dear whee all hope that Moe will be ok.........great idea to get the wee tested :)
Healing wheeeks from us all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are going to take a sample in today when I get home from work.

However, late last night Moe was sort of sat really still looking abit uncomfortable, and we heard this really weird grunt noise. I have never heard anything like it rom them before. It was almost like a tiny dog barked!
A few minutes later she did it again, when I went over to check her she had done a couple of poo's, a wee (cos the fleece was wet) and right next to the poo was a small hard tanish yellow/brown stone. I picked it up and it was hard and smooth.

We thought maybe it was a seed or something, but we have not given them any seeds or nuts in ages. Just some dried fruit the other day.

Maybe it could have been a stone? It was a couple of mm's in size. It would explain the weird bark/grunt.

Anyway I have kept it and will take it along with the sample tonight and see what the vet thinks.

Oh heck the poor little baby :{
It sure does sound like a stone, clever Moe........ i'm glad you're getting her checked out :)
Please give her lots of little wheeeky loves from the girls and I xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moe says thanks for the loves :)

I am going to take a picture of it later and post it up, so people can see what it looks like. Might be of some interest to other people.

Thanks again :)

Turns out what I thought was a bladder stone was a very hard seed or some sort.

The urine sample was perfectly normal o I dont know what caused the pink wee.

She is still fine, not more grunts! Guess we will just have to keep an eye on her.

Maybe she got the seed in the garden, and ate it but couldnt digest it, so the grunts were her pooping out the whole seed? It was quite large!

Either was I am happy cos she is all good for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back