• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vet Bed And Puppy Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie&Cream

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm back after a long time!
I was just wondering if vet bed is good to use in cages?
At the moment I use Newspaper and fleece, however the piggies wee usually soaks through the fleece and newspaper which makes cleaning annoying (I don't mind doing it but surely it's not that comfortable for my boys)
Also cream has a habit of hiding under his fleece so his cage gets very mucky (if I did change to vet bed I'd still put fleece in so he can hide under it!)
Also are puppy pads better to use than newspaper?
Which is the best vet bed to get, I don't wanna buy rubbish but I don't wanna spend too much!

Fleece needs some sort of absorbent layer underneath. You need something a bit better at absorbing than newspaper. Some people use old towels. Puppy pads are good but, if you have a guinea pig that burrows , you may have problems with him nibbling the puppy pads. I love cage liners ( fleece with an absorbent layer in the middle) . Are you any good at sewing ? You could make some cage liners with the fleece you already have .

I have no experience of vet bed so will wait for other posters to advise you about this.

[QUOTE Owner, post: 1758004, member: 114675"]Fleece needs some sort of absorbent layer underneath. You need something a bit better at absorbing than newspaper. Some people use old towels. Puppy pads are good but, if you have a guinea pig that burrows , you may have problems with him nibbling the puppy pads. I love cage liners ( fleece with an absorbent layer in the middle) . Are you any good at sewing ? You could make some cage liners with the fleece you already have .

I have no experience of vet bed so will wait for other posters to advise you about this.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Cream nibbles his newspaper too! Would puppy pads harm him if he nibbled it?
I'm not the best at sewing but could give it a try!

Would puppy pads harm him if he nibbled it?[/QUOTE]
mine have nibbled their puppy pads several times and are still here to tell the tale !

I made mine using fleece and an incontinence bedsheet ... Cut to size, works really well..

I tried vet bed but found it so smelly, mainly because it was so hard to sweep up the daily poops as they got squished down. They loved it but personally I find fleece a lot easier and less smelly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back