• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vet Locator List

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How do vets make it onto the vet located list on here?

The vet that comes up nearest me is an hour away so I wanted to check out their website before making the journey. It states that they are 'willing to look at any animal' but doesn't state anything particularly about exotic animals. The reason I ask is because there is another vet in the same city that my sister goes to with her rabbits with good results and her friend uses the same vet for her five piggies with good results so I thought about trying out their vet. It is not on the vet locator list and the other one is so I just wondered what was good about the other vet that it got put on the list.

I hope that makes sense haha

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure the vets on the list are there from reccomendations of members on the forum that have used these vets personally?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure the vets on the list are there from recomendations of members on the forum that have used these vets personally?

@Flutterby is right our vet locator list is mostly formed from members and rescues recommendations, we will tag @Cat&ThePiggies for you who lives in Aberdeen also..

Lisa & Ali..

The one I would recommend is Ashgrove Vets on Belmont Road in Aberdeen. In particular Kevin is the vet I use for my guinea pigs.

The one I would recommend is Ashgrove Vets on Belmont Road in Aberdeen. In particular Kevin is the vet I use for my guinea pigs.
Thanks for your input :) I take it he is experienced in guinea pigs? Have you ever visited Swan veterinary practice in Aberdeen?

Thanks for your input :) I take it he is experienced in guinea pigs? Have you ever visited Swan veterinary practice in Aberdeen?
Yes, he's experienced with guinea pigs and if there's something he's stuck with, he'll contact other experts, for example Simon Maddock in Northampton. I've never used Swan veterinary practice, so can't provide any feedback.

Yes, he's experienced with guinea pigs and if there's something he's stuck with, he'll contact other experts, for example Simon Maddock in Northampton. I've never used Swan veterinary practice, so can't provide any feedback.
That's really good to know. Thanks so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back