• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vetbed Vs Fleece?

Mine are inside so I don't have experience of Vet Fleece/Bed outside. It's not that expensive from Zooplus, you could try it and see, just check it every day.

I have used vetbed with my boys for years and would never change. I use newspaper underneath and wash the vetbed up to twice a week. Mine dries in just a few hours over a laundry airer in the house.

Mine are inside so I don't have experience of Vet Fleece/Bed outside. It's not that expensive from Zooplus, you could try it and see, just check it every day.
With the fleece blanket from zooplus, wouldn't I have to sew something absorbent between two blankets?

I just use the Vet Fleece that I have with something absorbent underneath that I change every other day. I don't do the liner thing that involves sewing. Under my fleece I use a washable incontinence pad, or towels or disposable incontinence pads. As others have posted, you can use newspaper too.

I just use the Vet Fleece that I have with something absorbent underneath that I change every other day. I don't do the liner thing that involves sewing. Under my fleece I use a washable incontinence pad, or towels or disposable incontinence pads. As others have posted, you can use newspaper too.
Oh, right. Thank you for all your help with this xx

I never got on with vetbed. tried it a few years ago with my house bunny and just found the hay got all stuck in it and also it was really thick and heavy in the washing machine and took ages to dry. I've found fleece much easier.

I never got on with vetbed. tried it a few years ago with my house bunny and just found the hay got all stuck in it and also it was really thick and heavy in the washing machine and took ages to dry. I've found fleece much easier.

Now I just don't know what to decide! Oh dear, I'm a bit stuck here! :help:

Can vet fleece be cut to size? Can fleece be cut to size? With either material I need to be able to cut it as it is for a hutch and I cannot find the size I need anywhere!

I agree, maybe get a bit of each, half and half and see what you prefer and what the pigs like best :)

Ok, I think I will go with vet fleece with disposable incontinence pads underneath to start with

I have just washed mine once a week but found that was pushing it. It really depends on how large an area you have.

Back