• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vetfleece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have any of you guys got vet fleece?

Can you tell me what you think of it? how absorbent is it?

Cheers me dears! ;)

Is it like vet bed?

As if it is vet beds not absorbent but the urine soaks through it leaving the top surface dry. You would need to use either towels or puppy pads under it.

If it's not the same as vet bed then I am afraid I don't know. Lol.

LOL, i don't know either! I thought it was different. It says the vet fleece is non slip, is vet bed non slip? ohhh idk, haha.

edit: I'm trying to find a good bedding for luna to keep her bot dry but i think i will just stick to the vet bed, do you use vet bed?

Vet beds don't slip if you have newspaper underneath but they are annoying to wash as you can't put them in the tumble dryer! I would also say that they aren't particularly absorbent, I change mine every day.

I got mine from http://www.dogproductsdirect.com/
I ordered a couple of the larger sizes. One I use for my dog an the other I cut into smaller sizes to use in the GPs C and C runs. The smaller sizes are easier to wash and dry really quickly. I put puppy nappies and towelling (cut to size ) under the fleece. You could easily change smaller vet bed pieces much more frequently than the arger sizes which would be difficult to wash frequently.

LOL, i don't know either! I thought it was different. It says the vet fleece is non slip, is vet bed non slip? ohhh idk, haha.

edit: I'm trying to find a good bedding for luna to keep her bot dry but i think i will just stick to the vet bed, do you use vet bed?
no I don't use it for their bedding. I do have some vet bed and I just place it in their cage like a bed for them. The back of my vet bed is non slip. (I think)

Vetfleece is Vetbed under a different name. Vetbed comes green backed or the rubber non-slip underside. It appears that the Vetfleece you've linked to only comes in the rubber non-slip underside. I've used both green back & non-slip. Because I use the tumble dryer on mine I found the non-slip didn't last as long because eventually the rubber started breaking up into bits so I prefer the green back. But if you line dry the non-slip should last just as long. Both Vetfleece & Vetbed will need something underneath them to absorb the urine that gets wicked through. I've used towels but now I use cut up waterproof terry towelling mattress protector so I don't have to clean the cage pan.

I've used vetbed for several years and would never change to anything else. It dries at room temperature within a few hours, and I buy new around once a year, when it starts to get tatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back