• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Vetruus ermidra foam

Sorry, I do not have any experience with it.

Hi all. Thank you for your replies. Sooty has a very flaky patch of skin/hair loss on his back towards his bum. The exotic vet I initially saw looked at some hair plucks under the microscope and said she saw some dead mites/eggs so he’s had different treatment for mites over the last few months. He’s had Xeno, ivermectin and currently oral doses of panamec but it’s not getting any better. The vet I saw today (not exotic but apparently knowledgeable) looked at skin plucks and hay under the microscope but couldn’t see any signs of any kind of mites so said it could be a dry skin issue and suggested using this foam once a week for 2-3 weeks to help rehydrate dry skin. I’m taking him back tomorrow anyway as I gave him a bath this afternoon with gorgeous guineas lice n easy shampoo and I found a very small lump on his back (not near the flaky patch). The foam wasn’t in stock at the time so I haven’t used it. One of my other piggies has had skin scrapings sent away to test for mites, fungal infection and ringworm but everything’s come back negative. I’m currently using puppy pads as bedding but now feel, despite spot cleaning every day, it’s not the most absorbent bedding so I’m going to go back to fleece. I feel like it’s been going on for ages now and am at my wits end with it :(

I can’t pick up the flakiness on a picture. Sometimes big clumps of fur come away with stuff attached to the end of it.

Attachments

• BD558E2D-8AFF-4087-AAD0-3F5F174A5C35.jpeg
    BD558E2D-8AFF-4087-AAD0-3F5F174A5C35.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 2
Jezebel had dry flaky skin and hair loss after her mite treatment and it was a bacterial skin infection, has your vet considered that? It cleared up in a week with a baytril antibiotic prescription. Bathing or using skin products could easily make dry skin worse!

Jezebel had dry flaky skin and hair loss after her mite treatment and it was a bacterial skin infection, has your vet considered that? It cleared up in a week with a baytril antibiotic prescription. Bathing or using skin products could easily make dry skin worse!
Thanks @PigglePuggle. I’ve just run this past the vet and we’re on our way to pick up some baytril now. The vet suggested using both baytril and the foam as the foam will help soothe and moisturise the irritated skin?

Back