• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Vets In Oxfordshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charls

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Please can anyone recommend a good guinea pig vet in (or close to) Oxfordshire? I think my guinea pig has ovarian cysts, so if an operation is needed I want her to see people who are experienced in operating on piggies.
Thanks.

Would you be able to get to Northampton? Simon Maddock at The Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic is a very experienced guinea pig vet, and if your guinea pig needed to be spayed then Simon is your man. Simon has done many guinea pig spays as he was the vet who did all the guinea pig neutering (spay and castration) for the rescue, Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare, so has probably done more guinea pig spays than any other vet.

I just used the vet locator on our top bar and these two vets are showing up as close to you:

Larkmead Vet Group
Ginny Greenwod
94 High Street
Sutton Courtenay
Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4AX
01235 814991
www.larkmead.co.uk/

The second one is the same group & phone number but based in Didcot.

The vet locator lists vets as recommended by members on this forum after they have had good experiences and gives the name of the vet they actually saw who was knowledgeable. The next closest on the list is Simon as Debbie has mentioned above.

Best of luck for your girly!

Thanks, have booked an appointment at the Cat and Rabbit care clinic tomorrow, as the Larkmead Vet Group told me they didn't routinely spay guinea pigs.

Best of luck for tomorrow. I think its excellent that a vets doesn't routinely spay guinea pigs as it should be a case of needs must due to being a risky op. The best news is that your girl will be in good hands and hopefully from tomorrow you can start getting some answers to help her health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back