• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Vets Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I took Amber back to the vets today. She's been on her anti inflammatory and antibiotics for almost 5 days now. She is still sneezing but it's not as 'wet' if that makes sense. It's becoming more of a dry sneeze. The vet listened to her chest, which is now clear, and gave her a general check over again. Her weight has remained the same and her appetite is still normal. She's been given another 4 days worth of antibiotics. If she's still sneezing after that they said to ring them. Fingers crossed all the sneezing will stop.

She looks healthier though. When she kept sneezing a lot, her hair looked duller than normal? Not sure how I can best describe it.

But it seems a little more silky and back to normal over the past couple of days :)

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
It sounds like she is improving, hopefully the additional antibiotics will help.

Know what you mean by wet sneezes after one of mine sneezed in my face once.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It sounds like she is improving, hopefully the additional antibiotics will help.

Know what you mean by wet sneezes after one of mine sneezed in my face once.
I'm hoping so. I'm glad her chest is no longer crackling. She's been running around during floor time today so fast she's like a blur. So think she's feeling better in herself. :) Wet sneezes in the face doesn't sound pleasant! :P

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Great that Amber is improving and that she is looking better in herself. A dull coat can be a sign that something is not quite right.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes!

She took her medicine really well this morning. Usually she's biting the towel and wriggling so much. But today she just let me do it and took it. I think the twice a day medication is getting her more used to being handled which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.