• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vibes needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodlouse

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! Please think of Artoo (fondly known as 'Dee') tomorrow.

At the ripe old age of 7 she's having surgery to remove a lump. It's been growing rapidly and is now getting in her way and starting to ulcerate and 'leak'. It's not an abcess or cyst and our trusted vet says it's surgically an easy op, but of course, at 7, it's the GA that's the risk.

We've made an informed choice and are going to give it a go. She's had a fantastic, long life and if the surgery is a success she can hopefully have more happy weeks or months. Without it she will just become thinner and more frail (and probably be in pain) and PTS will be the only option. If there are complications or she struggles with the GA then we will let her go peacefully.

So please keep everything crossed for her tomorrow. With the lump gone I know she can have many more happy days - hopefully out in the run in the garden now that the sun is back! Thanks xx

DSC_0371.jpg

Everything crossed here, do keep us posted on how she gets on! All the healthy Vibes we have to your gorgeous girl!

Good Luck, and Well Done you for giving her a chance! xx

Lots of positive vibes for Artoo, I hope things go well. Will be thinking of her tomorrow.

x x x

Thank you for all the vibes. Left Artoo at the vets this morning with Blizzy for company. Operation likely to be about 1pm ... so will be nervously awaiting THE call ... x

Fingers firmly crossed for Artoo!

Haven't actually spoken to the vet as she was still operating on a dog but the good news is that Dee has come through the op and we've a discharge appt at 5pm. I know we're not completely out of the woods yet but she's jumped one of the biggest hurdles ... fingers crossed she keeps on fighting ...

Thank you all so much for your support. Will update again later x

Pleased Op went well. I hope that she recovers fine. Keep us updated on her

She's home :) She has a big incision with a lot of stitches but for an old girlie of 7 she's done quite well with the GA. Vet said the tumour shelled out nicely. She's groggy but has eaten a piece of dandelion leaf. Have her in a small pen side-by-side with the others who are having floortime. Hoping that being able to see & hear her pals will help to perk her up. Obviously still got a long way to go, but she's back home with us so first hurdle cleared :) Check-up tomorrow afternoon x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back