• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Virtual Forum Meet - round 3

I am originally from Australia, but I now live in Switzerland and speak passable German.
So if you need help with the odd word I am sure we can mange.
Even my kids who went to local school but were raised in an English speaking home still use German words when speaking English, and it's never a problem.
Good to know. :D

If there's a space I'd love to take part, but I have been to one before, so understand it's full already or you want to give the space to someone who's not yet had the chance of a virtual get together.

So far: All those who haven't been to a meet are on the list.
There are 2 spaces left and 5 on the waiting list.

I'm sticking to 12 as too many people makes proper conversation difficult.

If the waiting list continues to grow and / or more 1st timers want to join then I will plan another one for summer sometime.

It's good that people want to meet each other ( and the piggies!)

If it's the last one... I might want to try and join it?

I'm really shy in general though, and I haven't spoken to anyone in English like... ever. I've had a few chances to do it but in the end I never did it because I'm really shy about it and self-conscious about my accent.
Also I don't have piggies to join with me at the moment :hmm:

Sorry for double posting! Just remembered something and I can't edit it anymore:
At what time do the meetings usually end? Later on mondays (at 21:30 BST) I have a tradition of watching a local tv program with my mum!

Just asking because if they're longer than that maybe it's better if someone else joins to enjoy it to it's fullest.

If it's the last one... I might want to try and join it?

I'm really shy in general though, and I haven't spoken to anyone in English like... ever. I've had a few chances to do it but in the end I never did it because I'm really shy about it and self-conscious about my accent.
Also I don't have piggies to join with me at the moment :hmm:
Do join if you can. I won't be at home when the meeting takes place, so I won't have piggies either.
Obviously it is a shame you won't all be able to see Ruby nipping me....
There is no real formula - some people share their piggies, and some don't.
Some people talk a lot and some don't.
It's pretty relaxed.

@Teddybear22 we would love you to join us.
Please don’t worry about your English- we will be very patient, especially given that my Spanish is almost nonexistent.
My piggies aren’t very keen on coming either.
Shall I add your name to the list?
@Swissgreys as you will be stuck away from home I’m putting you in the staff / co-host slot.

The meet is now full and as there is a waiting list I shall set up another one for August sometime.
That will have to be the last one as from September my work is going to go from busy to manically busy as I lose 1.5 staff but no reduction in workload!

Please don’t worry about your English- we will be very patient, especially given that my Spanish is almost nonexistent.
@Swissgreys as you will be stuck away from home I’m putting you in the staff / co-host slot.

The meet is now full and as there is a waiting list I shall set up another one for August sometime.
That will have to be the last one as from September my work is going to go from busy to manically busy as I lose 1.5 staff but no reduction in workload!
That doesn’t sound a very fair work situation @Merab's Slave.

@Merab's Slave if it's okay for me to leave around 21:30-ish BST then yes, add me to the list!

@Betsy That's fine! I thought people did join with their piggies that's why I said that! But it's completely understandable that it can be too much for the piggies. Always doing what's best for them :hug:

Yes @Teddybear22 leave when you have to.
We would normally only meet for 2 hours so it should be fine.
Looking forward to meeting you.
I've always wanted to go to one of the forum meetings (and get some of those baking goods Wiebke makes :whistle:) and planned on doing so whenever I finally went to the UK but as that seems a bit far in the future, this is perfect for the time being! I'm already equally excited and nervous :))

Perfect - I shall be there :D
Assuming the UK let me in of course!

Looking forward to meeting folks on Monday.
The meet is full and as there are a number on the waiting list I’d anyone can’t make it please let me know so I can offer that place to someone else.

Given the people who wanted to come again and are on the waiting list, I will see how life works out in August and try to fit in one more - no promises.

Back