• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wagg Optimum GP food

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the one in the red bag then my lot liked it, but I can't get it now.

It is in the red bag, and is a nice small pellet which is why I think the pigs like them.

I really ought to get my lot over to a pellet food as I do find they can be selective and leave the bits they dont want.

It is hard to get hold off however, I have only ever seen the small bags in Jolleyes...never anywhere else. I am thinking of ordering direct from Waggs and getting the big 10k bags. With 21 pigs I get through quite a lot.

Deb x

Can anyone check the ingredients of the Optimum and see if it looks ok for piggies and nothing 'nasty' in there. I have copied and pasted the details if thats ok.

Typical Analysis Protein 17.0%
Oil 4.0%
Fibre 15.0%
Ash 7.0%

Ingredients

Wheatfeed, Sunflower, Grass, Oatfeed, Maize,
Locust Bean Meal, Syrup, Vegetable Oil, Yeast,
Vitamins and Minerals.
This product may contain traces of nuts, as it
has been made in a factory.
Vitamin A: 15,000iu/kg, Vitamin D3: 1500iu/kg,
Vitamin E: 240mg/kg, Vitamin E: 90iu/kg, Copper: 16mg/kg.

Cheryl from Sprowstow rescue recommends this one - she was involved in the trials for it if I remember rightly!

I did have a sack donated here which went down well with the pigs - I haven't been able to get it again since though unfortunately.

Wagg Optimum Pellets are now on Sale in Asda :D

I've bought a bag from Asda, will let you know how they find it!

How much is a big sack? And how big are the sacks? I use approx 30kg a wheek, so price matters.

It's 16.50 on the Wagg website and 13.99 on Bunny Basics

hopperhaven said:
How much is a big sack? And how big are the sacks? I use approx 30kg a wheek, so price matters.

Louise, you dont have to give them as much if you are feeding pellets. I usually give them about half a bowl full between a pair/threesome. When I have an average of 60+ guinea pigs here I use around 1 - 1 1/2 sacks a week. Do you have a batleys near you? perhaps you can get it wholesale. I get mine wholesale through work, works out even better when the wholesalers have it on 3 for 2 :D

My guineas LOVE this food. I get it for £1.99 in any branch of Wilkinson's (Wilko)

Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back