• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

waiting game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissy88

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 3 guineas which i have had for just over a month - one of my guineas (5/6months old) doesnt mind being picked up and just stays still when being stroked, he sometimes shake and sometimes very rarely do a little purr? does that mean hes uncomfortable and scared or something else? He is very shy and quiet compared to the other 2 one of which is younger than him.

One of my other guineas same age as the one above, hates and I mean hates being held or being stroked on my lap. When I go to stroke him in his cage or play pen he does a popcorn movement with a little squeak and runs around and sometimes when he does let me stroke him he lies flat out on the floor like a stretch does anyone else's little pig do this?

I'm new to owning guinea pigs so all this behaviour is very alien to me haha.

Some piggies will come to love being cuddled, while others will always hate it and will only learn to tolerate for a short time. With piggies that are not used to humans, it is very much a waiting game and will develop slowly at the pace that they learn to trust you.

If your boy is lying down for you to be stroked, then he is OK with that. Concentrate on getting him that way and be very encouraging about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back