• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Warm Food for the Cold Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas for warm food during this weather. I've heard of bran mash, but no idea what this is. I've given babies porridge made with goats milk, but just thinking of something mixed with warm water maybe? xx

Bran mash is Bran with warm water and I would usually do this to clear our a horses gut.

Ive never thought to give it to guinea pigs but it is generally given to horses as either a way to clean them as or as a treat to warm them up. They don't have them on a regular basis due to high phosphorus and low calcium levels. But guinea pigs are obviously different and don't want a high calcium diet.

I add hot water to their normal pellets sometimes, it turns into a big mash but they seem to enjoy it, just make sure its not too hot for them.

Rachel x

piggies love porridge and also bran mashes as mentioned above x

Yes I give them porridge and bran for dinner using water that has been boiled and cooled down so ti is just warm, they wolf it down!

Yes I give them porridge and bran for dinner using water that has been boiled and cooled down so ti is just warm, they wolf it down!

Just don't add the golden syrup and sugar:(|):(|)
Think I will give the porridge a try with water for them, I have only ever done it with goats milk for the babies.
Thanks. xx

Just been reading this thread and thought i would try mine with some porridge,they have wolfed it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back