• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just took fresh towels out of dryer and put my pigges on them, They seemed to love it! snuggled right in, I guess they like warm areas?

do they get cold? if they do how would you know if they are cold or not?

Nothing like a heap of towels to snuggle in or underneath to make a piggy happy!

Guinea pigs can get cold indeed and even die from it; they tolerate a smaller range of temperatures than rabbit as they come from a region of rather stable climate and hardly any frosts (lower reaches of the Andes). You can see their feet going blue and the piggies hunching up and shivering.

what are some thingsi can do to keep them warm instide at night? I mean its 74 normally in my house so its not like its really cold are anything, just curious..

Does anyone have anyluck with the CUddle Cup cozy cavy things?

Mine love the cozies, there are loads of places you can get them from now. Buzz and Woody also use their hay to keep warm. We have got snuggle safe heat pads too that you heat up in the microwave, not sur eif you can get them in the US.

Yeah they sell them here but i was gna ask what about a heating pad kept on lowest setting in there turned on overnight to keep towels warm? or is that a bad idea?

With the snuggle safe thing, do you put that under the towel or they just lay directly on top of it?

I put it on top of their fleece. It has a nice warm flleecy cover. I know some places make special beds that you can put them in too.

If you feel their ears and they feel warm, then they are not too cold. However I don't think that if their ears are not warm that it's necessarily that they are too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back