• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

*warning* About Alfalfa Rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just a quick warning about my experience with the alfalfa rings, my girls love alfalfa and that's the only way I can find it.

So a few hours ago I was watching TV, and to my horror I suddenly heard screaming from the piggies. I thought they were fighting so I ran over to their cage but nothing was going on. I picked up a snuggle sack with a piggie filling to check them over and as I took Bella out I found that she had somehow (probably doing her much loved zoomies!) got the twine around her middle and it was very tight.

I immediately cut it off of her and luckily there was no injuries, but had that happened while I was at work or something I dread to think of the tangle she could have got in :( So just a warning, if you have an alfalfa ring, please take off the ties as I have now, I'll be getting a different hay rack for it now.

Thank you for the warning,
What a shock for you. Hope Bella is getting over her shock.

Thank you! I didn't expect that to happen when I got it for them. They have loved nibbling away at it which must have loosened the ties, kinda silly to have them on there now that I think about it.

She was shaking bless her. But after a cuddle and a few nibbles she'd quite got over it haha. Squeaking away telling me all about it and how she needs another piece of carrot, to make her feel better of course!

Thank you for letting us know. It's always wise to let other forum members know about these things - better safe than sorry.

I am going to put a link to this thread in a thread I started about other potentially dangerous cage accessories .

Thank you for letting us know. It's always wise to let other forum members know about these things - better safe than sorry.

I am going to put a link to this thread in a thread I started about other potentially dangerous cage accessories .

Definitely, don't want other piggies to get hurt.

Okay! :) Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back