• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Washing

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddletts

Hi

just wondered what you do about washing your guinea big beds, etc. I seem to have a few bits that need washing every couple of days or so, but not anywhere near enough for a full load. Do you wash your piggie stuff in with your own washing or do a separate load?

Thanks.

Sarah

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Hi

just wondered what you do about washing your guinea big beds, etc. I seem to have a few bits that need washing every couple of days or so, but not anywhere near enough for a full load. Do you wash your piggie stuff in with your own washing or do a separate load?

Thanks.

Sarah
I wash the piggy stuff with the cat blankets and also the cats bed lol x

Wiebke

Staff member
I have two loads full of piggy stuff every two days, but you could buy (or ask a sewing member) for a washing bag, so no piggy hair gets into the regular washing.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
I have two loads full of piggy stuff every two days, but you could buy (or ask a sewing member) for a washing bag, so no piggy hair gets into the regular washing.
What is the best kind of washing bag to get and where is the best place to get one from. Also at the risk of sounding stupid mallethead what do you mean by asking a sewing member?

paulag

Teenage Guinea Pig
I brush mine off outside and wash them separate. I tend to do an empty was afterwards followed by something less delicate such as towels. However I have chinchillas and their fur just gets everywhere and the chins and degus also tend to chew so lots of little bits of fleece as well. We have at least 2 of everything so one in the cage, one in the wash.

You can tie things inside an old pillow case.

Paula

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
I wash the towels/fleece/cozies every two to three days an I have plenty of spares.

I do a seperate wash, bt as I have two large cages I always have plenty to wash!

Status
Not open for further replies.