Wasps

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya, with the window open because of the hot day we had a wasp come in, it was chasing after Bruno and I’m just wondering if anyone had a pig being stung before. He wasn’t stung by it but made me very nervous about having the window open. Normally scared of wasps but batted it out of the window

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Could you put up some fly netting at the window? I'd be worried about a sting as they are such small creatures and if they are attracted to the pigs I'd certainly look at ways to stop them getting in.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Last summer we had a few big flies getting in and following Piggle's delightfully pungent grease gland around, I bought the F10 version with insecticide in and sprayed it all over my windows (while the piggies were out of the room then I opened the windows to air things off) and hung net curtains- worked a treat, the flies were trapped between the net and the insecticidal F10 treated window and although I dont like killing things at all usually I was very happy to see the flies spasming with death on the window sill!
This might work for wasps too, then you can have the windows open but any harmful flying things get taken out on entry!