• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Water Bottle warning - Bob Martain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hate Bob Martains products at the best of times, but I thought I couldn't go wrong with a Water bottle clearly I was wrong.

Esme was at the bottle and was really struggling to get water out, I took the bottle off and went to try it in the sink, when I touched the bottom of nozzle, the Metal ball fell out :{. I have heard of this happening before but never thought much about it!

My pigs like to put the whole nozzle in there mouth that ball could have very easily went down Esme 's throat. I am not happy! grrrr

oh dear : ( sorry that happend,people should be more careful making animal and human products. xox

That's not very safe at all :( I'm glad little Esme didn't swallow it and that you found out in time. You should definitely send in a complaint though!

I'm so glad you found that in time, its really scary to hear stories like this!
when i bought lola's cage from p@h it had a water bottle free with the cage i pulled the nozzle off and two balls came flying out, lola always tugs on her water bottle it really scared me! ?/

I sometimes buy the hay of that range, which is dust extracted and that's good for OH's allergies. I have to say that often it had thorns in, in fact last week, I got a nasty splinter in my thumb from it. However, the piggles LURVE it! and I can have it delivered by Sainsbury's.

I've had that happen with a couple of different water bottles! It's ridiculous that the manufacturers get away with selling products that could results in an innocent animal choking to death. I now use the Mr Sippy water bottles as they don't have the little balls, so I feel safer using them.

I've had that happen with a couple of different water bottles! It's ridiculous that the manufacturers get away with selling products that could results in an innocent animal choking to death. I now use the Mr Sippy water bottles as they don't have the little balls, so I feel safer using them.

funnily enough I ordered them today for all my pigs.

funnily enough I ordered them today for all my pigs.

They are good but it might take a little while for your piggies to get used to them and they are quite noisy because they kind of click when the piggy licks them to get the water. You soon get used to it though! Our piggies are in the living room and I hardly notice the noise.

They are good but it might take a little while for your piggies to get used to them and they are quite noisy because they kind of click when the piggy licks them to get the water. You soon get used to it though! Our piggies are in the living room and I hardly notice the noise.

Thats good, its alot better than worrying if my piggy will choke or not! :x

Thats good, its alot better than worrying if my piggy will choke or not! :x

Exactly! They are easy to fit to all sorts of cages as well, the fittings they come with are sturdy and seem to last very well. Also the bottles themselves are easy to clean out and the piggies can't get bits of hay stuck in the nozzle which is a definite benefit. Been using the Mr Sippy range for quite a while. Used the smaller versions when we had hamsters and then the medium ones for the piggies. They're not too expensive either and are easy to get.

Exactly! They are easy to fit to all sorts of cages as well, the fittings they come with are sturdy and seem to last very well. Also the bottles themselves are easy to clean out and the piggies can't get bits of hay stuck in the nozzle which is a definite benefit. Been using the Mr Sippy range for quite a while. Used the smaller versions when we had hamsters and then the medium ones for the piggies. They're not too expensive either and are easy to get.

I think I paid hmm, urm let me look. £14.21 for 3 but I'm hoping they will last a long time!

This is the one I ordered Medium Size.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/feeder_water_bottles/water_bottles/14360

That's the one I use. The one that's in use currently has been on the go for over 6 months and there's no problems with it. I expect that the three you have bought will last a long time.

That's the one I use. The one that's in use currently has been on the go for over 6 months and there's no problems with it. I expect that the three you have bought will last a long time.

Hope so, and no expensive vet bills due to choking! Happy Days, worth the money! Although I never thought I'd be forking out for water bottles, all in the name of welfare! :))

I hope they suss it out quickly I imagine they will!

Hope so, and no expensive vet bills due to choking! Happy Days, worth the money! Although I never thought I'd be forking out for water bottles, all in the name of welfare! :))

I hope they suss it out quickly I imagine they will!

Exactly, when it comes to the welfare of piggies, it's all worth it!

Yup, they'll work it out, just might take them a few attempts and it's cute when they're working out the technique that works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back