• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We are In for a Cold Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PingandChipy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow its' cold already here! Its been going down to -1 and -2 at night. So early for it for be this cold. I'm so glad I have an oil radiator now. We insulated our shed door yesterday with that tinfoil type insulation that they put on hot water tanks. And we covered one of the windows with plastic. The other window is covered by a wool blanket. I've stuffed the hutches with hay.

My smallest piggie still insists on sleeping on top of the log hidey. Silly girl. It feels so good to know they are safe and warm. Anyone else finding it really cold this year?
OH and we've already had snow! And right now tiny flakes are coming down. My feet were frozen by the time I came in. I had a nice hot shower.

LYnn

Frosty nights in Britain, to. They have promised us snow for the next week! Brrr!

Apparantly it was colder last year than it is now,must admit last year was flippin cold.Have heard we are in for another bad winter,especially January and February

arent we all lucky to be indoors and toasty...i feel so sorry for all the homeless people, a couple of weeks ago it was really wet for days on end and i took a bag of stuff to a fella that hangs around our local shopping precint as his clothes were wet through so we took him some warm stuff and gave him my waterproofs as he needed them more than i do, i hate giving cash as i dread to think what its spent on...without judging but you know what i mean...anyway, and he had a dog with him :( so we gave some biscuits and stuff...so sad.

I so don't want there to be snow as this is the first time I have wintered animals out (shed) and the thought of digging my way into the shed is not appealing!

It's even colder now! Poor piggers. They do have their heater but I still cant' help but worry. Last winter wasn't as cold as this one. I live in Canada. Today they are calling for flurries. I stuffed so much hay in the piggies hutches last night.

I'm so glad i can have my lot indoors i could not cope if i had to keep them outside

OMG It is CRAZY cold here! -7 with a wind chill that feels like -15. :)>>>
I hate it! I feel so bad for my piggies. Even though they have an oil radiator turned on high it is still only 5 degrees in the shed. I can't believe how fast it has become cold.

Luckily weather calls for a high of 9 degrees later in the week.

I heated up my snugglesafe for my oldest, Chipychanga, who is just over 5 years old. I put it underneath his fleece hut. And then I stuffed lots of hay around him and put a fleece blanket on top. He is in there now eating parsely.

This is such a worry!

:(

LYnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back