• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
For the forum to remain fast, and ad-free, we need to raise money towards a new hosting package as the current hosting package cannot handle the bandwidth of the forum. I am currently having to pay £20 per month for the forum to run as we keep going over the traffic allowance. This is because the forum has grown really big and needs to be upgraded as soon as possible.

I have put up a webpage for those who would like to help out with the cost of upgrading to a hosting package where we keep under the traffic allowance.

You can donate towards the costs of the forum here

We would appreciate any amount, no matter how small, as it would really help us to keep this forum running.

Thanks x

can I ask who you are currently having your webspace hosted with, and who you are planning to go with in future?

Its just that my boyfriend is in the computer business and I think he could dig up some URLs for you with cheaper offers.. :)

Will just send you a PM. I really do hope he can find something cheaper as this is costing a fortune now. I have prob spent about £100 on the forum now since it has opened and its costing more and more with the most posts/members we are getting - this is why the package needs upgrading.

Thanks so much Michelle and Bev. :) - I just hope once the forum is upgraded that it will no longer cost any more money to run.

The most the upgrade is going to be is £50 but hopefully will be less than that. Just need to make sure I get a big enough hosting package so that it doesn't need another upgrade. I will have a look into moving hosting provider and see if I can find a cheaper deal elsehwere - I have already paid £30 on this package we are on now and each month I am now paying £20.... When I worked full time I could pay it ok but now i'm a student and part-time I am finding it much harder. There is no point getting billed each month cos it all adds up so need to upgrade asap.

Just made a donation-if you need any more let me know-I wasn't sure how much to send :)

Fr0ggy said:
Just made a donation-if you need any more let me know-I wasn't sure how much to send :)

What you sent was absolutely fine and very generous. Thanks very much.

Even if you could just spare £1, that would really really help. :)

I know a lot of people are skint at the moment (myself included) but if everyone donated 1 or 2 pounds we should get the money no probs. I'll do mine later :)

I am in the same position hence the reason I can't afford to fund the forum anymore with it going over the bandwidth allowance. Just whatever you can give would be great.

Thanks so much everyone - I really didn't want to ask but it has got to the case where I can no longer keep up with the bills - an upgrade would stop these happening.

I had never actually thought about who paid for it! I don't think anyone expects an individual to be out of pocket so that we can chat piggys all day! Donation has been sent.

If you can pm me the address to send a donation to the up keep of forum, I'll send a cheque :)

Barbara

Ello :)

I know how it is.... I run a website, plus we've just bought some webspace to host another forum, and I know it can get expensive at times... :(

Donation sent - if anymore is required, just say....

Just wanted to say I think you're doing a FAB job on this website - I think I spend more time on here than on my own!

Trace x

Ellie, you shouldn't feel bad asking. We all benefit from this forum and we all love it. I don't think anyone will mind doing their bit to help.

Hey Ellie

I'm pretty skint too but i will send you what i can.

Love
Claire
x

Ellie
I wonder if its worth asking Tamsin what she does for RR and RU? There are a few sponsors on RR- I'm not sure if that helps out towards the upkeep or not, but if you did a deal with say, the manufacturers of snugglesafe and some others you could always have a christmas give away to rescues of any money left over?

Have a look here:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/advert/index.asp

Mandyx

cavykind said:
If you can pm me the address to send a donation to the up keep of forum, I'll send a cheque :)

Barbara
Ditto Barbara's post for me too please.

Am happy to make a donation towards the forum cost - have learnt so much from it. It's like having all the best guinea books in the world, with all the answers to any question about guineas, all provided instantly with lots of (sometimes conflicting!) different opinions!

I have sent you both the address to send the donation to. Thanks very much! :)

People who donated will have a status of TGPF Doner! :) Luke will be sorting that out shortly.

Thanks to everybody who has donated to far!

If you could PM me your details I will also send a cheque. I only have net access at work and cannot send online payment

:)

Hi Ellie, just donated. I think this forum is brilliant you've done so well setting it up and its such a friendly lovely place to come and chat about my favourite subject or just look at the piccies of everyone's gorgeous piggies ;)
Keep up the good work
Alyson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back