• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We never stop learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
These fabulous little guys, don't half stress us out in the last fortnight. I have had to learn far to much all in the name of Bette. Shes a great teacher and it's amazing just how willing to help herself she is, keeps me trying.

Yes, we might fail but it won't be for the lack of trying. It's very apparent I will have to be supplementing her as much food as I can. I weighed her today and she's dropped too 990 grams. I wasn't supplementing her yesterday. I will have to be supplementing her all though the night and in the mornings. I dread going to work but I have too and as I know she can eat and is eating I need to depend on her too keep going well I'm gone. One thing is for sure she isn't ready to leave just yet!

Come on Bette, fill your tummy!

I have finally got the hang of syringe feeding and not crying go me! :))

Well done, it's hard to have the strength while thinking of things which might happen!
I remember when my rabbit was really ill and I attempted syringe feeding and watering, she'd completely deteriorated in days and I felt helpless..
Good luck :)

Oh honey, we are all thinking of you, if you need a break over the weekend (even for a few hours) I am happy to have her here and will feed her as required x

Oh honey, we are all thinking of you, if you need a break over the weekend (even for a few hours) I am happy to have her here and will feed her as required x

Well you'll never guess, she has decided to eat. She is now 1031grams, her last weigh!

She didn't lose any weight atall today, so she must have been eating! :))

Well done I would have been in bits too. So pleased she is eating on her own.

Awww, I'm so glad she's feeling a bit better. Keep up the good work Bette. She sure is a fighter :)

Well you'll never guess, she has decided to eat. She is now 1031grams, her last weigh!

She didn't lose any weight atall today, so she must have been eating! :))

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Go Bette xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I know how you feel about the syringe feeding it can be such a battle, but when they and you finally connect......it's actually a lovely time spent with them x)
Well done sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Piggies themselves really are the best teachers!

I hope Bette does go on to recover, you are doing great with her.

Best of luck - I know that you will go as long as Bette wants to keep going!

And yes, you pick up a set of skills you never dreamt about along the way... :))

Great news that she is eating. Hope she keeps on putting on weight for you. I am doing the whole syringe feding thing t the mo and it is totally heart breaking!

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back