• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We picked up our new piggies this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
From Cheylesmore Rescue in Coventry, such a lovely place, really homely and the piggies are already used to kids so shouldn't be too worried by the noise of ours!

They are called Fitz and Ryan, but my other half is called Brian, which is too similar to Ryan, so thought we might call him either Rowan, Rye or Roy, so it's not too much of a change.

They're settling in nicely, we've pretty much left them alone this evening, but I see they've ventured out of their (huge) log cabin and pinched some greens to take back in already. I need to get some photos but my camera is dead and the lead is currently en route to me, I might see if I can dig an old one out tomorrow.

Aww I'm so x) already, I know they really need to settle in a bit over the weekend, but it's so hard not to cuddle them!

Aw! I always love getting new pets! I think you should call the new one Rowan. It sounds cute. :3

Glad they're settling in. Is nice to hear about the rescue as it's new so good to give them some advertising :)) x

Looking forward to seeing how your gorgeous boys are settling in!

Awwww x) Hope they settle in well, can't wait for pigtures :))

So pleased you have your boys now. Looking forward to seeing pics of them in their new home. :)

Well Ryan is now Roy :))

They seem to be settling in really well and are feeding well etc, Roy is a lot more nervous and is going to need a bit of time to get used to being handled, so I think I'll start by having lap time at night when the kids are in bed so it's quieter and calmer, Fitz doesn't seem fussed in the slightest and is really easy to pick up and cuddle- they are very cute- I need to get my camera charger so I can get some better photos, but here are the two I got of them hiding before the camera died
Fitz
162808_484606441934_505471934_6132771_718384_n.jpg

Roy
167141_484607371934_505471934_6132820_707769_n.jpg

They are a lovely pair of fuzzballs! I love the new name!

This is the picture I took of the two in rescue:
cf088fec.jpg

Roy is in the foreground with Fitz in the back.

So great that you have shared with us the pics of Roy and Fitz, we need more :))

Gorgeous boys x) Well done for offering these two a lovely home - It feels great to rescue animals and give them a better life they have had previously known - Doesnt it?
It also frees up a cage for more needy animals at Cheylesmore Rescue :)

:)p

I feel so happy for these boys - and I have never met them.

x

They are a lovely pair of fuzzballs! I love the new name!

This is the picture I took of the two in rescue:
cf088fec.jpg

Roy is in the foreground with Fitz in the back.

Aww thanks Wiebke- they're so fuzzy aren't they? x)x)

I said on one of the other threads but not sure if you saw, that my son went to sleep the other night watching your video of Tani after he'd been up with teething pains, he watched the clip about 10 times in bed with me, he's mad about guinea pigs and will watch them for ages- I didn't dare take him into Jo's as I didn't think I'd be able to get him to leave without a tantrum (in fact he's currently ignoring his teething toys and is sat on my knee chewing a willow chew I bought for the piggies!)

Gorgeous boys, looking forward to seeing many more pics of them. We have a rex piggy called Jimmy hes a terrible flirt with our girls but so layed back I'm sure they will be the perfect piggys for you and your family.x)

They are soooooooooooo cute and I know how exciting it is to have a piggy and how hard it is to resist cuddling them. It's tough! :))

Aww they are lovely and I'm sure they're going to love their new home with you.

Aww thanks Wiebke- they're so fuzzy aren't they? x)x)

I said on one of the other threads but not sure if you saw, that my son went to sleep the other night watching your video of Tani after he'd been up with teething pains, he watched the clip about 10 times in bed with me, he's mad about guinea pigs and will watch them for ages- I didn't dare take him into Jo's as I didn't think I'd be able to get him to leave without a tantrum (in fact he's currently ignoring his teething toys and is sat on my knee chewing a willow chew I bought for the piggies!)

I am glad that my piggy videos help! What a bonus! :))

Those two boys come from an awful place (they were part of the same batch as Tani and Jasper) and really deserve a loving, good home!

awww congratulations sweetheart to you and your family, Fitz & Roy (i preferred Roy from your selection) are so beautiful, i really hope you can come to terms with your late piggies now and move on to concentrate on these two beauties.

Life goes on hon....and we want more and more piccies!! x>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back