• Winter is here! Make sure you piggies are safe by taking action now, for more information on cold weather protection - Click Here
  • Potential Forum Meet - Manchester Saturday March 2nd Details here!.
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.
  • As from Wednesday, 30th January, Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic will be relocating to 1 The Drive, Northampton, NN1 4RY

Weather spooking piggies

Reenie

Forum Donator 2017/18
There has been high winds around here over the last couple of days, and I seem to have a gap somewhere in the loft. From time to time there's an extra strong gust, which is causing the loft hatch to suddenly rattle in it's setting. Every time this happens, the piggies all dive for cover. They're pretty confident wee fellas, so they come back out a moment or two later.
Even indoor piggies are affected by the weather lol.

baleofhay

Junior Guinea Pig
Naww poor things. My three girls are pretty bomb proof, I think. I can vac next to them and they just look at me. The two boys go running for cover tho. Today's pretty windy for me, but I don't think it's bothering them. Must be chilly in Glasgow, glad they are inside! Mine have the luxury of me leaving the aircon on during the day to save them from the room heating up haha

Patch89

New Born Pup
Hope the wind has died down now. My lot ran and hid earlier in the week when there was a massive bang from things flying in the wind. Took me ages to coax them back out.