• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Weekly piggy veg shopping!

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Piggy daddy has just been to Asda so I thought I would share a pic of our weekly piggy veg shopping! This week we have: a bag of beetroot, kale and spinach salad, a huge bunch of coriander, 2 little gem lettuces, beansprouts, babycorn, 4 peppers and 2 cucumbers. To serve 8 greedy snouts, though I usually pick up an extra bag of mixed salad leaves midweek :)
2020-01-11 10.25.33.jpg
What does everyone else buy?

My shopping trolley is full of assorted salad bags, coriander which the piggies love and I loathe, cucumber, red peppers, romaine or red gem lettuce, dill, celery.
I did buy corn cobettes last week so the piggies had 1 to share. It didn’t last long. I also buy green beans which we share.
My trolley, like yours, looks incredibly healthy!

How do they get on with the been sprouts?
Mine love beansprouts, but not all piggies do- @Merab's Slave 's beautiful Jemimah was very disdainful of my attempt to give her beansprouts!
The thing with beansprouts is they have a much shorter shelf life than what it says on the bag, and they need a good wash and if they smell at all funny I wont risk them with the piggies. So the beansprouts I bought today will be tonight and tomorrow night's dinner, I wouldnt keep them any longer!
Beansprouts are lots of fun to hand feed through the cage bars because they are just bitesize for posting into piggy mouths and you get so many in a bag :)

How often do u give them the kale and baby spinach?

How often do u give them the kale and baby spinach?
Once a week or less, its one of a selection of mixed leaf salads with beetroot that they get as a playpen scatterfeed treat- sometimes they get the lamb's lettuce and red chard version, or a babyleaf version, depending on which shop and what they have in stock!

Oh I love this! I love the idea of baby corn. I’ll add that to my shopping list next week :love:

Back