• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Weekly piggy weight checks (with pigtures)

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
Thought I'd post a little thread on my piggies having a weekly weight and health check because they have all been very good except naughty boy Theo who doesnt want weigjing he wants ladies and dinner and to play chase with piggy daddy :)

So here we have... big girl Clover! Quite toned and muscular now but still... big.

Mad lady Piggle! Most apologetic about yesterday's hormonal outbursts now and almost friendly.

Beautiful floof fairy Jezebel! Slimmed down a lot so she can keep herself clean and run round which is what we were after. Needed to check her bum fur as she's had a worrying little bald patch and a couple of scabs. Probably barbering. No worse but not completely better and her toenails are horrible so booked in at the vets next weekend.

Petite bloaty Puggle! Very pleased she's got a "hungry" weight of 779g because that's an improvement on last week despite her slightly bloaty sunday. No salad leaves for her although that made her a bit sad but she got cuddles and red pepper.

Super shiny chunky husboar Theo! Over a kilo of beautiful happy glossy boar, still loves cuddles with piggy mummy and daddy as long as his ladies aren't watching :)

Attachments

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Aww that is lovely! Clover and Jezabel are still big girls and only a bit bigger than Velvet who weighed in at 1123g last week and Betsy 1160g. Meg was 1123g. Theo is a very handsome boar and Christian (my handsome boy) weighed in at 1131g and Cutey Dennis at 1018g. Health check is tomorrow (should have been today :oops: ) but today was "go to the farm to get more hay day" so that I have enough to clean them out! That took around 2 hours so didn't have time for the health check!

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
Aww that is lovely! Clover and Jezabel are still big girls and only a bit bigger than Velvet who weighed in at 1123g last week and Betsy 1160g. Meg was 1123g. Theo is a very handsome boar and Christian (my handsome boy) weighed in at 1131g and Cutey Dennis at 1018g. Health check is tomorrow (should have been today :oops: ) but today was "go to the farm to get more hay day" so that I have enough to clean them out! That took around 2 hours so didn't have time for the health check!
Yes our health checks are usually weekends but on saturday evening we did the halloween photo shoot and on sunday Puggle was bloaty so we're a few days behind!

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
So good to hear of the improvement in Clover and Jezebel- you’ve done wonders with those 2 lovely ladies.

Your herd are all gorgeous
Thank you! Jezebel has lost almost 200g as of today although her weight is quite variable, but she's totally embraced a hay and salad diet and hardly touches pellets now and likes zooming and popcorning and jumping over things. She still has nasty crusty old lady toenails though after her previous life of sedentary obesity in a hamster cage on hard cat litter flooring... going to take that up with the vet on sunday because after 12 weeks I'd have hoped they might be better... but it's only toenails after all and her cardiovascular health is much better, when the chubby ladies arrived they could barely walk the length of the 6ft playpen without panting and needing a nap and they move and play like proper piggies now :)