Weighing Down A Litter Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinguxxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Any tips? My piggies are brilliant at using the litter tray but seems every time they go back in cage after floor time (or if litter tray has just been emptied and cleaned) they stand in the edge of it instead if just jumping in and tip half the wood shavings out onto the fleece ... grrr! Shouldn't complain too much as they are very clean and good at using it lol! But does anyone have a way if weighing it down other than inserting a brick?!

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You could put industrial strength Velcro on the outside base, then if you are able to put the rest of the Velcro in the bedding. :)

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I use corner litter trays that have 2 holes in it. I then use plastic covered wire to tie the trays through the holes onto the cage bars. That seems to work

Pinguxxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks, good tips. I turned it round last night so they approached it from the shorter end and they don't seem to be able to tip it that way :doh:

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I place a brick at the side of mine (it's up against the walls of the enclosure) so it can't tip or be moved :)

Tbag

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I drilled and sanded two little a holes in my corner hay tray and do the same as Lilly. Works a charm! Chirp is an avid redecorator so generally everything needs to be locked down or chaos ensues!

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I drilled and sanded two little a holes in my corner hay tray and do the same as Lilly. Works a charm! Chirp is an avid redecorator so generally everything needs to be locked down or chaos ensues!
Ha ha, just the same as my Peanut Butter likes to do! I've even started using fleece caves that can be tied to the top of the cage with carabiner clips, otherwise PB tips them upside down or over his food bowl & as you say it is utter chaos, especially as he squeals the house down wanting me to fix things. Not that it stops him from re-doing it all again!

Tbag

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yep we've got a clip on fleece cave too!

Status
Not open for further replies.