• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight change

Sometimes they will lose a couple of grams. A 50g loss would ring alarm bells. As well as continual downward trend. And generally they gain up to 50g when they’re still juvenile (not yet adults). How old are yours? Is there something about their weight that’s worrying you?

Sometimes they will lose a couple of grams. A 50g loss would ring alarm bells. As well as continual downward trend. And generally they gain up to 50g when they’re still juvenile (not yet adults). How old are yours? Is there something about their weight that’s worrying you?
Okay, the one whose weight I’m worried about is 1 year and 3 months old, I suspect i fudged up the eight last week but last week I wrote down 1077, I weighed him yesterday (exactly a week past) and he was 944, it was too late to call the vet, he’s eating normally, he seems too young to have dental issues, his behavior has not once changed so I decided to weigh him today and if it went down more to call my vet immediately. I weighed him at 5am and he was 961 so it went up but then I just weighed him at 7pm and he was 933. Again they’re closed now so assuming I messed up last weeks weigh in and these 3 last weigh ins are his actual weight, do you think the fluctuations are normal from yesterday to today? (944>961>933). I will likely still take him to a check up though.

Weighing twice in one day isn’t advised because of the fluctuations can occur. I would weigh him once daily (at the same time) for a week and see how he fares. He’s not too young for dental issues though.

Weighing twice in one day isn’t advised because of the fluctuations can occur. I would weigh him once daily (at the same time) for a week and see how he fares. He’s not too young for dental issues though.
Yeah that makes sense, I was just super stressed and nervous so I weighed him again🤦🏻‍♀️I did not know that! Thanks for your help

Back