• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tori

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello guys!,
Ive just cam back from the vets with my piggy Dude as he has lost a large amount of weight the past two days however is still slightly eating. Ive got given lots of meds such as:
Critical care
Fibreplex
Rantitidine
Emeprid

Has anyone experienced the same thing? I was wondering if anyone else has any other advice they could give? Thank you

Never mind my little one passed away this morning :( rest in peace dude x

Sorry to hear that - he must have had something grim going on internally.:( Piggies do seem pretty skilled at hiding illness and then deteriorating at high speed.
RIP Dude.

I am very sorry for your loss; sometimes a piggy just goes downhill from acute organ or multi-organ failure. There is nothing you can do, even if you start hand feeding asap. I have lost piggies that way over the course of just a couple of days. :(

RIP Dude

PS: you are welcome to post a tribute in our Rainbow Bridge section if and whenever it feel right for you!

Thank you everyone, its so devastating! I'm still in bits. Marvin (previously lost) and Dude were my first boys who came from the same litter! My boys used to sleep with me, go on holiday, go to park and fields with me for day trips :( so gutted! I feel like ive lost my 2 best pals in the space of 2 months :'( I'm lost without them R.I.P my boys!

Thank you everyone, its so devastating! I'm still in bits. Marvin (previously lost) and Dude were my first boys who came from the same litter! My boys used to sleep with me, go on holiday, go to park and fields with me for day trips :( so gutted! I feel like ive lost my 2 best pals in the space of 2 months :'( I'm lost without them R.I.P my boys!

It is really hard losing both piggies so close together; it really whacks you. Could it help you a bit to think of Dude wanting to join his beloved brother? The loss of a mate unfortunately lowers the immune system and can bring any underlying problems to the fore. It is not all that rare for a companion to die not all that long after.

Of course, it very much leaves you to pick up the pieces! If a death happens without warning, you have to deal both with the shock and the loss. If it comes close after another death, it is bound to bring it all up again in triple strength because you haven't had time to really digest it. When Dude went, you also lost your direct link to Marvin, which always feels like you lost him again. :(

HUGS

So sorry.It's crap losing animals especially close together.I am currently keeping fingers crossed for my six rats, one of which has a respiratory infection, poss two.Just had one put to sleep cos huge mammary tumour.It is the rubbish bit about keeping animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back