• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyBee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there,
So recently I adopted 2 new guinea pigs from the shelter. Sadly these piggies hadn't been taken care of by their previous owners and had various problems. I managed to conquer all but one problem; One of them is overweight. I can't slow their diet because there are 3 piggies in 1 cage, so it would be like putting all of them on a diet. She is kinda a food hog and so I have to put more in because she eats half of it leaving barely any for the rest. How do I solve this problem?

The only thing I can suggest is that you take her out and feed her on your lap with her bowl while the others get their fill. I had to do this for the opposite reason recently - trying to fatten up my poorly boy Peanut Butter,

I would also try putting in 3 bowls or don't use bowls at all and spread the food about so they have to work for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back