• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight

BobaTheGuineaPiglet

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My piggie is 2.4 lbs, I was wondering what is considered overweight for a 7 months old pig.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
There is no ideal weight/age guide. All piggies come in different shapes and sizes and a weight which is good for one piggy, isn’t good for another. Therefore, their heft is the helpful guide - if you can feel their ribs with a nice fat layer over them, then they are likely healthy. If the ribs protrude, then underweight. If you can’t feel ribs at all, then overweight. Weight - Monitoring and Management

Ensure your piggy has a good amount of exercise and is fed mostly hay, 50g of veg per day and just one tablespoon of pellets per day.

2.4lbs is just over 1kg
I can say that at roughly that age, my two boars were 860g and 970g but as I said, all piggies come in different shapes and sizes. They are both now around 1.35kg and are 2.5 years old.