• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no rules.
Each piggy is a different size and weight, so you cannot really compare.
How much does the piggy weigh?
As long as they are not dropping, just a steady increase, there should be no problem.

Yup, and as long as the weigh drop isnt too noticeable (50gr), you don't have to worry, because of that its very important to weigh them once a week.

I got them on Sunday and weighed them Shadow was 580g and Marmalade was 640g. They are eating well I am introducing them to nuggets Burgess.

No set answer for that; many of my boars are free rangers (at least part of the time), they get lots of fresh veggies; don't know if that's caused them to grow extra large, but I have a few that weigh around 4 pounds. I've asked the vet about it; he says they're NOT overweight, that they're also extra long and extra tall, possibly because they get more exercise and veggies? As they get older the weight tends to go down a bit; but as long as the pig doesn't drop a whole lot of weight at once and they're healthy otherwise, you should be ok.

I got them on Sunday and weighed them Shadow was 580g and Marmalade was 640g. They are eating well I am introducing them to nuggets Burgess.
Aw, ensure you weigh them the same time each week, there can be a difference in 25g from full tummy.

The weights are not worryingly low.

Please follow our diet advice and your piggies should realise their own optimal genetically determined weight/size until they are fully grown adults at around 12-15 months old. Individual weights can vary from 40-140g for newborns and 800-1500g for adult piggies - that is an enormous span and means that any Charts are pretty much worthless.
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...or-a-balanced-general-guinea-pig-diet.116460/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back