• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weird black dots

statik367

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but I was hoping you all could help me. We are les than a year into being the proud parents of our first pair of piggies. Because of that, we are super overprotective. One thing we are trying to figure out, and no one can answer for us is:

The last couple weeks we have been finding these weird little black dots in their cage. We think they are seeds of some sort. I tried breaking one to make sure it wasn't an egg, and it looked solid on the inside. We are not finding them in their fur or anything, just around their cage. The first time we thought maybe we fed them something that they were in. we cleaned the cage and went on with life. a few days later, they were back. We do not feed them anything with any sort of seeds. We thought maybe it was something to do with the hay, so we contacted the company we order the hay from (Small Pet Select), and they have no idea what it is. Attached is an image of the seeds. They are small, and it was the best image I could get, but if anyone has any ideas what they could be, and if we should be concerned, that would be super helpful.

https://nerdeyeindustries-my.sharep...VGmv8s12hljkMBOCQ6uHnNmCe5b4iHGGm0Eg?e=hsdS3J

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Not sure. Could they be eggs of some sort? Are they squishy? I would consider getting rid of the hay and buying a new bag.