• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weird black spot in my baby?

JasleenK

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I recently adopted this little guy from my friend who was unable to tale care of him anymore, he’s just starting to open up to be and I was petting him when I noticed this weird black spot/bump on him. Help me out! What is this?

JasleenK

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Oh ahaha oh my god I feel so stupid now I was so scared thank you though!5470CD74-577F-4BA2-A1E6-8A6415D0BE1B.jpeg

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
😂 better to be safe than sorry! One of our pigs also has a belly button!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently adopted this little guy from my friend who was unable to tale care of him anymore, he’s just starting to open up to be and I was petting him when I noticed this weird black spot/bump on him. Help me out! What is this?
Hi and welcome

When you look on the other side of the body you will find the other nipple. Both genders have nipples that look pretty much identical. It often comes as a surprise to new owners. The colour of the nipple and any skin depends very much on the body markings and can be a number of different colours or even split into different colours.

You may find the guides helpful, which talks you through the quirks of a piggy body and has been written specially to help new owners learn what is normal and not with their particular piggy so you can spot changes during the recommended weekly body once-over and weigh-in. The first picture of our sexing guide is featuring a picture which includes the nipples.
Illustrated Sexing Guide
Guinea pig body quirks - What is normal and what not?
Weight - Monitoring and Management
Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths

All the very helpful guides above are just one part of our comprehensive new owners guide collection, which addresses specifically all the areas we get the most questions, concerns or cries for help about so you can avoid the most common pitfalls, learn what is normal and not and how to understand and interact with your piggies, companionship and species needs etc. as well as care for them in a way that aims to prolong a healthy average life span.
The guide format allows us to update our information at need, unlike with a book. You may want to bookmark it and use it as a helpful resource. Our full information collection on an even wider range of topics can be accessed via the guides shortcut on the top bar.
Getting Started - New Owners' Most Helpful Guides

PS: Don't feel embarrassed - it is much better to ask than to be sorry! We are here to help you.