Weird little guy

exia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We had to split up our trio of boars, and little P was living alone with his old cage mates as neighbour's for a couple of weeks. It worked well, but P wanted a friend.
We have no shelters or rescues here, so it wasn't really easy to find boars to date. I managed to find both older piggies and a baby for him to meet. P is that kind of piggy that think his everyone's friend. No joke. He's just very cheerful and wants to play, share his veggiebowl and go on adventures.

I've noticed a funny behavior in P under this dating, and now that he have his friend at home.
He rumbles, quite low, walking forward and just puts himself down on his belly all flat near the other piggy. It looks like a friendly/submissive gesture?
He's been doing this with every piggie he have met under this dating (three - two older and one baby). I can't recall I ever saw him or his "brothers" from the trio do this before, neither the piggies I have owned before.

Does anyone have an guess what his is all about? Have I read him right?
IMG_20200814_160939.jpg
This IS a relaxed pose for him, he's lying down on some iceclamps in the heat, but this is how the motorboat-impression use to end...

exia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thanks, I was a bit worried I misread him totally and he just waited to attack 😃

It was very stressing, this boardating. For me, not for P. He acted like he had the time of his life in the car, at other people's houses and with the piggies.
He choosed the baby, and it was a love at first sight moment from both sides. I wanted to take an older, nice gent but he looked exhausted after 5minutes with P and P couldn't really relax. I'm sure they would have worked that out, because they really liked each other, but when I saw him with the baby it was done.
They are at the same level of energy, and the introduction went very smooth. It was a bit of a rumble, eating, playing adventure, popcorning, more eating and after like two hours of constant talking and show they both took a nap/rested in the same house. When they were let in their cage it looked like P showed his friend around, they zoomed around for a bit and then called it a day. Me to, I slept like a baby after that happy show!

IMG_20200807_204330.jpg
Little Chip, 6 weeks old at the time

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Aah I’m so pleased for you both that he’s got a new friend! They’re both gorgeous :love::love: