• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weird poops

S'mores and Pockets

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!
My 3-year-old boar (S'mores) is producing some odd poops, this has happened before. I will keep him off veggies until his poops seem normal again. I don't think I have any probiotics, what kind can you give piggies? I was also wondering if I should give him some poo soup, his buddy (Pockets) is healthy and so are his poops. How do I make poo soup? (if that is what I should do)
Here is a picture of S'mores poop.
IMG_4872.jpg

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes keep him off veg and only feeding hay until 24 hours after his poops normalise.
Weigh him daily while you are concerned about him just to be sure he is definitely eating enough hay and not losing weight.

Digestive Disorders: Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement) And Not Eating

The guide below covers probiotics and poop soup. You need to take poops from your healthy piggy immediately as they are produced and put into water to soak, then syringe the water to your poorly piggy.

Probiotics, Recovery Foods And Vitamin C: Overview With Product Links

See a vet if keeping him off veg doesn’t work of if you become concerned about the situation

S'mores and Pockets

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! His poops are normalizing, much better shape than before. There is a very odd smell coming from the ones I have seen earlier today. Any advice?