• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weird question.

Jennie_

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Sounds daft and may be obvious to some but we recently got a new baby guinea (last week) he's 9 weeks old as our Rick past away suddenly. anyway I was sorting out some hay and some pellets and put in the my big boys lap bed to see if he wanted lap time but the baby jumped in and started having a fun time popcorning buut we just want to see others agree it's popcorning or some health issue.

Jennie_

New Born Pup
Reaction score
This made me miss having a baby piggy so much :love:
When Ruby was a baby we used to throw a small fleece blanket into her cage and she would hurl herself into it and behave just like that!
We had Rick and Morty when they were roughly 9ish weeks old but they never did this, mort popcorns but rick rarely did anything but we understood why now and are glad that he past fairly quickly and peacefully, but this little new guy is like a rocket with his zoomies everyday, the popping which is making morty pop which is funny cos morty is 1500g so he's like a hippo, never seen him so happy.

dhill_cb7

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Looks normal to me too. I cannot speak about baby popcorning but after watching the video your little one looks really happy!

I have seen a bunch of videos on youtube and this looks rather common for some babies to popcorn in this manner. Love the names rick and morty!

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
That's a very gorgeous excited piggie.
Caspy still gets excited like that, he's 4 years old! Sometimes he falls on his side and looks at me like it's my fault. The others are more sedate in their popcorning these days.

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Betsy and Meg just jump arthritically about an inch of the ground and do old lady popcorns now. I haven't seen Lexi or Thea popcorn yet but I've only had them for 2 weeks and they've been in quarantine in the hutch.

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
LOL! No, it's the classic 'laying down but still really excited' baby popcorn! Adorable!