• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Well its final I definately now run the rescue full time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramleycaviesrescue

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After asking my lovely (very sarcastically said) employers for my return to work date after finishing maternity leave I have today recueved a letter saying my job is no longer and I am redundant! grrrr
Being the person that I am, I have been in touch with Acas and I am following this up and may end up at a tribunal (as if thats what I really need mallethead 0 They did discriminate me before I went on maternity and had loads of problems with them (they made me extremely ill through it), but still this finishes everything off and makes me so mad with them. (they have employed someone in my position whilst ive been on maternity leave!)

So anyway to my delight it means I now run the rescue full time. My hubby will work overtime to cover the wage I would have got by returning to work and I can just run the rescue and look after the children :) So so happy.

We have today just had a new shed delivered as well (will post on facebook) so we will be able to house 75 piggies when we have finished building the new cages :)

Helen x

Whew - they are in hot water :x If they have employed someone to do your job and made you 'redundant', you have a case.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/Dismissal/DG_10026692
I was a nursing home manager for a time and people who do not follow the employment law land in a lot of bother rolleyes
Glad you rang ACAS, they can be very helpful.
You can take them to a tribunal if need be but most 'employers' will settle beforehand and serves them right pow-pow !

Wow! I want to say I'm so sorry but it's kinda nice you get to run the rescue full time!

Definitely take them to tribunal though, they can't just say your job is no more after maternity leave, well done for ringing ACAS already!

Wow is it only you that has been made redundant? They're pretty dumb to do this after having already discriminated against you in the past, kinda shooting themselves in the foot there! But, it is lovely that you have the opportunity to run the rescue full time and do something you love!xox

I hope they get in a lot of trouble for that grrrr

But you'll be happy looking after your kids and rescues :)

rotten sods grr!

well their loss is piggies gain so I would like to wish you all the luck and fab adoptees for your rescue.

XX

Whew - they are in hot water :x If they have employed someone to do your job and made you 'redundant', you have a case.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/Dismissal/DG_10026692
I was a nursing home manager for a time and people who do not follow the employment law land in a lot of bother rolleyes
Glad you rang ACAS, they can be very helpful.
You can take them to a tribunal if need be but most 'employers' will settle beforehand and serves them right pow-pow !

i totally agree, cheeky buggers, definately out of order ACAS all the way i would be the same. Still, i would still rather have the job you have now...congrats hon, hope you will be very happy xxxxx

That sucks, take them for what you can get grrrr but on the plus side spending all day with piggies.......every cloud has a silver lining :)

They cant do that is against the law if you are on Matt leave they must have a job for you when you go back. I think there is even rules saying that is must be like the job you left behind. They are deffo not allowed to get rid of you. When my matt leave ran out I got LOADS of letters about going back to work they wanted it in writting that I was not going back. On the plus though I LOVE being a stay at home mum and am sure you will to and there are going to be some many piggies better off now. I would go to CAB though cos I am sure they cant do that.

What b*****s, how employers think its right to do that. That happened to a friend of mine and she was successful at tribunal (she got £16k).

Good news about the full-time rescue though - being able to spend loads of time with your children and lots of lovely piggies!

Oh my Goodness, it must be illegal to employ someone to do your job whilst you are on maternity leave other than a temporary position. You must be livid and understandably upset.grrrr

Good luck wth it! :)

What b*****s, how employers think its right to do that. That happened to a friend of mine and she was successful at tribunal (she got £16k).

Good news about the full-time rescue though - being able to spend loads of time with your children and lots of lovely piggies!

Now just what could you do with that amount of donation...oops sorry, meant compensation :x

whats been mentioned above is right if someone has been employed to do your job and you are being classed as "redundant" that is illegal. Depending on stuff thats happened in the past you would certainly be looking at unfair dismissal, could also look at discrimination and in with all that you would be looking at compensation for loss of earnings and injury to feelings too. This is how it all adds up to become so much. Don't drop it and get a good advisor/solicitor on your side, ACAS should be able to refer you to one but if not then try looking at EHRC (equality and human rights commission) as they fund different projects around this. I know all this because my place has a discrimination project but it only covers Leicester unfortunately so couldn't pass the details to you

Hi Helen - hope you're feeling ok. May well come and visit you soon once you're all sorted with the sheds x

ooooooh tak them to the cleaners. These employers make me laugh how they think they can treat you like that and you will just go yeah ok thats fine. grrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back