• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Well That Backfired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After reading a couple of threads I realised my girls only ever get one type of nugget and should, heaven forbid, I run out or can't get any of their usual brand we would be in a sticky situation. So today I buy them burgess excel with black current and oregano, seems on par with what they currently get but tastier. Long story short, I sprinkled some new pellets onto their existing food and they have gobbled that up leaving their usual and their VEGGIES! This has never happened before. Should I continue getting them used to both types of pellets or stick to what their used to.

Ha ha ha. I've never tried mine on the blackcurrant ones. They get the mint. They have tried the harringtons (they weren't too fussed but ate it.) and also tried fibre first fudge likes it Alby doesn't seem too keen but occasionally nibbles at it. I've heard the burgess blackcurrant ones have molasses in it though. But teas feed it to their piggies so guess it can't be that bad.

Yeah mine won't eat the fibre first either, but then it smells horrible. The blackcurrent ones do smell quite nice. That's why I opted for that specific bag, if teas use it it can't be that bad. Thankfully they've now realised they've eaten all those and have gone onto the veg. I was getting worried there, never seen them choose anything over veg before

Lol cheeky girls. If they enjoy it that much could you not keep it as a treat?

I might just keep it to once a week, just in case we should ever have problems getting science selective. Nalas an eating machine tonight, dessert done, starter (veg) done now it's onto main course of nuggets. Katie's having a nap but having the occasional poop appetiser. I haven't seen harry & lloyds reaction yet as their in the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back