• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

West Midlands Piggies

claireybee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
I live in Alvechurch in the West Midlands but am struggling to find anywhere reasonably local to find piggies to rehome? I'm looking for a pair but am really struggling to find where to get them from! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Please have a look at the rescue locator and get in touch with them. Don’t discount going out a little further though.
Rescue Locator

Yes many rescues will have piggies in foster homes rather than on site at the rescue, so there may be piggies you could collect closer than you think, if you contact the rescues and register your interest and pass the home check!

Ah good idea thank you! I'd be happy to travel but because of Covid restrictions a lot of rehoming places will only relocate to within a relatively short distance of where they're located. I'm assuming this is so they can carry out home checks etc. but it's making it quite tricky to find piggies!

Seems like you are well placed to be an hour or so's drive from The Potteries in Stoke, or from BARC which has a contact in Sheffield... both these places sometimes have piggies in foster care. Well worth getting in touch!

Ah good idea thank you! I'd be happy to travel but because of Covid restrictions a lot of rehoming places will only relocate to within a relatively short distance of where they're located. I'm assuming this is so they can carry out home checks etc. but it's making it quite tricky to find piggies!

The RSPCA Walsall will rehome countrywide, provided you pass a homecheck by the local branch and come to collect in person so they can meet you.

Coseley Guinea Pig Rescue in the Wolverhampton/Walsall area may also be worth contacting re. their restrictions. This year, you have to unfortunately play it very much by ear.

Unfortunately anybody can call themselves a rescue or a breeder in this country without licensing and supervision/control and the results can be accordingly. That is why we have established a rescue locator with those rescues that have passed a pretty thorough vetting process looking at all stages and sepcts of the rescue and rehoming process. We cannot guarantee for any other rescues. The RSPCA have now very strict central rules but not all branches are equally piggy savvy. Wallsall is one of the closest rescues for you. The Blue Cross in Burford have scaled down their services, so you will have to enquire and then you are down Bristol.

Hi, there. I'm from the West Midlands myself.
I know Worcestershire Rabbit Rescue & Friends have some piggies currently. I'm actually rescuing from there myself in a little over a week.

I went to Bristol for my rescue piggy from Dorset. I had to send a photo of my set up to Little Wheakers. I had a few emails to and fro and the a long telephone chat and a bit of a grilling before I could bring Patsy home. The rescue policies are very strict as they need to be able to trust that you will look after the piggie(s) properly so they can reassure the previous owner.

Back