• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What Are Your Piggies Favorite Foods!

Guanchy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mines looove Romaine Lettuce and Carrots of course.

I recently introduced radicchio and they really like it!

Elvis loves red peppers but Lucas hates it lol so i dont feed them peppers often! I also tried cherry tomatoes but uff that was a fail. Didnt even touch it.

What do your piggies like?

Corriander, apple, carrot as treats and grass grass grass as often as possible. They loooove it! They also like red pepper.

ohh and how can i forget coriander/cilantro ! they go nuts for that thing!

Oh yeah cucumber, they love that. Hay too. Timothy, meadow and ings.

Errol - spring green, basil and carrot
Binky - spring green, parsley and cucumber

:)

Corriander, apple, carrot as treats and grass grass grass as often as possible. They loooove it! They also like red pepper.

Hey fairy!, I wouldn't feed your guinea pigs apple! it actually rots their gums! ive had experience with it in the past owning a old guinea pig, i had bought it off a bad breeder, and they had been feeding it apple for years, most apples are not naturally grown and are filled with unhealthy chemicals that can harm guinea pigs! My old guinea pig's gums ended up rotting because the amount of chemicals in the apple he had eaten over the years, Maybe once or twice, but not a lot , like a full portion! You might know this, but some people dont!.. I had brought (goat) by the way, to the vet, since he hadn't been eating, She said his gums were rotting, because of the citric acid in the apples, I wouldn't feed them apples, to say.

Oh And My 3 Guys, Well, Donal loves his pellets, Shadow adores his carrots, ed loves loves loves grass! But I tend to give them little pellets now.

My lot go mad for their breakfast of pellets in the morning (Harringtons) and then of course hay, hay and more hay or grass, grass and more grass (depending if its boys or girls in run), they adore dandelion and plantain, hazel leaves (and the twigs!), parsley (firm favourite), pepper (pref green), cucumber, kale, spinach, lettuce (not iceberg), spring greens and carrots. They LOVE blueberries and grapes.

Last edited:
great to read what your piggies enjoy to eat! Mines are not crazy about pellets! i have bought them two different kinds so far and they eat it but they dont go crazy for it. They do love hay however! its furry and they just burry themselves in the hay tray! lol

Favs are baby sweet corn, broccoli leaves/stalk, collieflower leaves, carrot tops and pears are big hits with all three of them. Two like apple, one doesn't much, cucumber is popular with another one but not so much for other two, dandelion flowers for the third but less so for the other two!

Mine are simple they love green leaf lettuce, green bell peppers, some parsley,a cherry tomato and once and awhile a little,broccoli and love,baby carrots

my piggies are grass addict. But they love also bell peppers. Actually they don't eat too many vegs, but only the same ones. I cut different type of grass (although they eat the preferred one and then they lay down on the rest...), but about vegs they are eating only peppers, cucumber (they like the peel), celery, radicchio and salad... Then they sometimes steal some little piece of fruit...I say steal, because I don't feed them with fruits (the modern varieties of fruit are extremely rich of sugars and sugars are dangerous for piggies). Yesterday I bought a bag of peaches for cooking some jam and I found out all the fruits nibbled...
They don't like broccoli, carrots, fennel, kale... nothing.
Their diet is based on grass and wild leaves (dandelion, chicory), then a little amount of vegs and a good amount of hay. 1 table spoon of pellets left on the kitchen floor, so that they go around...

peppers, cucumber, carrot, basil,mint,fennel,roses,lemon balm,dandelions & other wild forage-pretty much anything actually,seem to have 8 who will eat most things:yahoo:

Mine won't touch mint they think I am poisoning them! Shame I have a garden full of the stuff!

Mine enjoying their veggies as you can see 2 plates yet they have to eat off one to make sure one doesn't get something different..

20170801_082552.jpg

20170801_082543.jpg

20170801_082552.jpg

20170801_082543.jpg

Keith's favourite foods are Kale and Cucumber. Steve isn't a big eater. He will have a nibble of the Veg but he likes the Pets at home popcorn sticks for Guinea Pigs.

Back