• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What are your piggies favourite boredom breakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I ask because my piggies rarely get excited by toys I give them.. (pets at home toys really)

Looking for something to keep my little ones amused for longer than about 15 seconds :)

Links to good online pig shops welcome too :)

Thanks

Tunnels, paper bags, tray of grass grown specially, pot of dandelions grown specially, pile of just washed towels/fleeces (this one they really love and can get all the laundry filthy again in seconds all burrowing into it)

The suggestion of hung up toilet rolls with grass in was really good (I think it was Wiebke) and I will be trying that one out when I have saved up a few more toilet rolls.

Most of mine like chubes. My youngest girls Honey and Tulip love my kiddies plastic stools, I give them little wooden blocks on the floor as stairs so they can climb on top!

JoJo also LOVES his corn starch ball, they come in packs of three one willow, one something else, one corn starch, he has always enjoyed them and spends ages 'playing football' hitting it across the hutch. Bounty (his wifey) just watches him with a vague look of despair...

They like chewing bits of cardboard and are obsessed with chewing their bite and roll.

Malcolm is partial to playing the piano. It's not a Steinway or anything :)). Just a children's toy piano, but he can bash out some nice tunes!

Putt loves her Chube and loves kitchen roll tubes stuffed with hay and a little piece of Parsley inside.

Cookie and Treacle love their Hay tube and big mounds of hay to sit in and eat from the inside. Empty boxes to run in and out of also.

We have tried a willow ball but it was sniffed at and then ignored.

We tried a paper bag full of hay with Pitch & Putt many years ago when they were little - but both pigs ran in and got stuck (it was a small bag) we didn't expect both of them to head towards it a full pelt. We had to rip it open to retrive hay covered piggles....

Malcolm is partial to playing the piano. It's not a Steinway or anything :)). Just a children's toy piano, but he can bash out some nice tunes!

That is sooo funny, does he wear a tuxedo when playing it? :(|)

Mine love anything that's cardboard - so toilet roll tubes, kitchen roll tubes and tissue boxes. Also a paper bag with hay in it goes down a treat. Patch and Sneezy also really like the cloth pyramid things you can get. They like chucking them around the cage and bopping each other with them. Very amusing to watch them do this.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've literally tried everything mentioned apart from paper bags filled with hay (Have just ordered some off ebay to try this!) and hanging toilet roll tubes. this is an awesome idea :)

The hanging food ball is a goodun, and seems the only thing that ammuses them at the moment. things like the balls are fun for a little while, but this rarely lasts longer than a day!

Thanks again
x

Mine seem to like boxes. Wine boxes are the perfect size and they usually already have the door cut in :)

They like to nibble them, snooze in them and climb on them

I did fill them with hay at one point but it just got peed on rather than eaten rolleyes

Little Piggles your picture is just ADORABLE! Piggie and Marmite, my two favourite things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back