• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What do you guys think?

5StarPigs

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Saturday i got this big bag of Oxbow Western Timothy Hay and just opened it this morning as there was a little bit in the other bag left. So this does NOT look like the previous timothy hay i had, I'm thinking they might have accidently put orchard grass in this packaging. It smells fresh and looks green (like timothy hay does, well like all hay should) but it isnt stalky like the timothy hay is, its curly, dark green and long thin strands. My pigs love it, (they eat both timothy and orchard grass (i give them orchard grass every once in a while) so i was wondering what you guys think, maybe it looks different or if it is orchard grass. Also there are seed heads in the hay but I'm not sure if orchard grass also has seed heads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
Sorry - can’t tell from the picture but if it looks good and smells nice I’m sure the piggies will love it.

Hay does vary from harvest to harvest so it could simply be a different batch

Just googled and orchard grass does have different looking seed heads so yes it probably varied from harvest to harvest. All that matters is that it is good quality, I'm glad it is timothy just a little different.
Sorry - can’t tell from the picture but if it looks good and smells nice I’m sure the piggies will love it.

Hay does vary from harvest to harvest so it could simply be a different batch

It’s a natural product and varies from harvest to harvest and cutting to cutting. So I’ve had bags that look just like that, too.

Back