• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What Do You Love Most About Your Piggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAurora

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Jemima
The fact she is such a feisty, tiny package - so bossy and loud. That she is such a chatterbox and is always waiting for her breakfast, standing up against the bars of the cage jumping up and down on her back legs. And her adorable fluffy face of course...

Casran
I love how in love with Jemima he is. He's so big and strong - even pushes his shoulder into my lower back when I'm in his way on the sofa. Yet he's got the face of an angel and fur like silk. Love his fluffy white bum and his single-legged white trouser.

Lily is so gentle, and she always looks at you to say 'I'm going over to sit on grandma now' so she is polite!
Lily does what I call mime wheek, she lets Lola wheek for her, and she makes us think it is her!

Lola is such a character, she could wheek for England! Every morning up very early she is at the bars.
Lola is a user. Once she jumps off you, it's always as soon as she finished the last bite!

Cookie is very gentle and always sticks her head out when I open their cage. She is the top dog and always decides when they all should start eating, when they should come out of their carrier on to the grass. But as demanding as she is she is the sweetest thing ever and loves her cuddles.

Beano is the sweetest thing and so quite. Although she is the second oldest she always lets the others go first. Everyone takes her food off her but she doesn't seem to care. She is the only one I find who goes all the way down stairs to the plastic hidey. I love the way all the others sit on top of the hidey but she just stays down and stares at them.

Peaches is my only boy in the family of piggies and knows that he can take charge. He follows Cookies rules and makes up his own to show off. He is quite shy but when he has his cuddles he gives you so much kisses.

Smudge is my baby and very shy but when I come in to the room she will wheek so loud and make sure that she gets what she wants. Although she is shy she is also very curious if she is last into her outdoor run she practically leap out and wonder where th others have gone it is the same when she is first in there too.

Lola is a user. Once she jumps off you, it's always as soon as she finished the last bite!

I've just had the exact same with Casran ... he was sat next to me on the sofa eating some pepper and I was kissing his chubby cheeks while he ate and kissing his ears and head and snuggling my face into his fat tummy ... AS SOON as the pepper was finished he turned around, pushed me out the way, stomped across my body and onto the arm of the sofa (his "slave, you'll take me back to the cage now" signal). I gave him another cuddle and he just looked at me as if to say "forget it puny hooman ... can't you see the food is finished"

@Cavy Lover your clan sound lots of fun ... isn't it amazing how piggies have such individual personalities!

Cookie - I love everything about my golden oldie piggy, she was our first Rescue pig along with her sister Treacy (RIP) and has always been such a inquisitive piggy, always nosey to see what is going on and adores being fussed. She isn't a lap piggy and has bundles of confidence so will just wander off our laps during lap time :))

Vimto - She is our lazy abbyruvien, often to be found lying eating from her food bowl or lying down eating hay.... any effort is too much for Vimto, she is very gentle and a reformed vampire piggy. Vimto's favourite thing is food and she has been known to actually nearly run to get to it.

Sarsaparilla - She arrived with Vimto and is a fun little girl. She can be a little arsey with other piggies on introductions and is a nightmare in season :)) She loves run time and runs so fast during laps like a younger piggy. She is the piggy we always get out for people to have on laps as she is very chilled.

Widget - She is the baby of the group, she always makes me laugh when trying to make her way up the piggy hierarchy. She will rumblestrut at inanimate objects during season :) Widget fur is so soft and she loves her head rubs as much as I like giving them.

With all guinea pigs I love the way they trot!

Syllabub; I love how she's always the first to the side of the cage when she hears me coming. I'm fairly certain that she's more interested in any food I might have than me, but she always comes up to the bars, or jumps out the cage.

Poglet; she's super inquisitive. She always finds the hidey holes and explores the far reaches of the room when let out. She also loves making 'race circuits' and pelting it around the sofa.

Mabel - Shes so tiny yet has more character packed into her than I've ever seen! As soon as she hears my voice shes the first to the front of the cage. I love the way she bosses around all the other girls yet she often looks half their size. Very much a piggy that knows what she wants and how to get it. She absolutely loves a head scratch! The moment I stroke her head she closes her eyes and really enjoys it.

Amber - I love how shes the first to start wheeking as soon as she hears me or the door open! She used to be such a diva, but seems to be calming down now shes getting older. I love how she plods around the cage chatting to herself as she seeks out the nicest strand of hay. She isn't a cuddle pig but loves climbing on my feet when I sit in the playpen, and follows me around the perimeter of the run when I'm gardening in the hope of a sneaky dandelion leaf.

Dolly - I love how curious she is. Even though she is shy, she enjoys sniffing and nibbling my hands. She is very timid but is slowly coming around. Shes a bit of a lone ranger and often distances herself from the others, as before she came to me she was kept on her own. Although I still find her sneaking around and trying to cuddle in with Mabel or Peaches if they decide to allow it.

Peaches - The queen of loud wheeks! It makes me smile how she watches Mabel and has now quickly learned that poking your nose through the bars of the cage usually means she'll get the veggies first. She protests with loud wheeks if I pick her up or brush her, but once shes had a brush popcorns around afterwards! It makes me laugh how she wheeks when any of the other girls try to share or kick her out of her cosy. If she does end up getting kicked out (which isn't often) she doesn't go without a loud protest.

I've just had the exact same with Casran ... he was sat next to me on the sofa eating some pepper and I was kissing his chubby cheeks while he ate and kissing his ears and head and snuggling my face into his fat tummy ... AS SOON as the pepper was finished he turned around, pushed me out the way, stomped across my body and onto the arm of the sofa (his "slave, you'll take me back to the cage now" signal). I gave him another cuddle and he just looked at me as if to say "forget it puny hooman ... can't you see the food is finished"

Haha, my Sunrise does that!

Shadow (r.i.p.) My first piggy, rescued from a home who didn't care and was therefore very nervous indeed. I loved the fact that she was head-pig, yet so very gentle with it. She welcomed all other piggies with good grace. It took months for her to find her voice, but when she did she was LOUD. She didn't use her voice as often as the others, but you knew it when she did.
Shadow was a sweet-natured, sociable and gentle pig and totally won my heart.

Sunrise, bought as a friend for Shadow. Sunrise became head of the herd when Shadow passed. She is another one who is gentle with her loyal subjects! She is brave, curious and knows what she wants. She is also affectionate and has tried to comfort any piggy who has been ill. She invented a game when she was little - tipping the hidey off the settee and watching us put it back, then doing it again, and again...... she's a piggy who loves enrichment and gets excited at run-time.

Snowball. Love her sweet piggy-lips, so much that Piggy-lips is her nick-name. I love her little noises. She is one of those piggies who's voice is attached to her legs and she cannot walk without saying "buddup-buddup-buddup". She's a trusting piggy and sometimes likes a cuddle, sometimes not. Snowball is a fast learner too :)

Cloud (r.i.p.) was my funny little abby-cross. Small but packed full of personality. She was independent of the others and hated being held, so I rarely did, but we had a lovely bond and would nose-touch each other a lot, and she would sometimes jump onto my lap, but never wanted me to touch her. She used to sit on my slippers and nibble the ribbon-bow. To be honest she nibbled everything! It took many months for her to come out of her shell, but she became confident, nosey and enthusiastic. She got on with absolutely every other piggy and was never involved with any squabbles - bar one. Just one small one! A very amicable piggy.

Penny is my funny 8 month old. She is another piggy who's mouth is attached to her legs. She has the widest vocabulary of them all and even meows like a kitten! She follows Sunrise around and the two of them are a perfect personality match. She is gentle, affectionate, sociable, curious and excitable. She loves all things new and is a very pop-corny piggy, she popcorns until she's exhausted and then will lie down and continue to popcorn lying down. Hard to describe unless you see it! For this she has a nick-name of Penny-Pops. She can relax on the lap, but likes to explore. I love the way she sticks her bottom up in the air and smudges her face right down into the fleece when she sleeps. She is a Swiss and has poofy fur on her backside, so this adds to the funny effect :)

Freddie, or Freddie-the-Smooch, is my first boar and I've not had him long. He adores Snowball and doesn't like it when she leaves the cage without him. He really has taken a shine to her yet respects her personal space most of the time. He is very gentle... and so handsome! I love the way he shows off, he has a swagger in his walk. He is beginning to like lap time and is starting to vocalise, but I don't know him well enough yet and he's not confident enough yet for me to say enough to do him justice. He is nosey and brave when there's bars between us and loves it when I set up access to the indoor run.

I love the fact that, as a first time piggy owner, I'm finding it fascinating how Harry and Lloyd are changing every day - from a growth and personality perspective.

Harry is a proper little bossy boots, but also a bit of a scaredy cat. He freaks out if you try to pet him in the cage or uses his front paws to bat your hand away if you try to do chin rubs. :love: He's sit for ages, flopped out on my lap though.

He popcorn at the slightest hint that food might be coming, which might explain why he's a bit fat...

Also, his permanently shocked, mortally offended face makes my day.

20150411_092543.jpg

Lloyd is a very different, far more considered pig. While Harry popcorns about for his food, Lloyd will trot over to the side of the cage where I am and wait patiently for his grub. He's also taken in recent weeks to standing by the side, with his chin in the air and won't budge until he gets it rubbed :drool:. He also comes over when you call him, if there is a chin run in the offing.

Out of the cage, he's a proper little wriggler and won't sit still for long for strokes and - if Harry is still in the cage and not getting cuddles at the same time - will wheek for his attention. Silly boys...20150329_133034.jpg

Big E - Thinks he's a bit of a big man but actually he's as soft as a mop and a bit bonkers, he does laps nearly every morning, he's a bit quiet since losing his cage mate Sheamus who was one of the most loving guinea pigs we had, I had a connection to sheamus and have been pretty fed up since we lost him. We got Big's and Sheamus together Feb 2014. Oh and he likes to popcorn!

Jericho - Is a bit nuts, we've adopted him to bond with Big's, he runs around his cage chuntering to himself, he's a bit nippy but I think it's from not being handled properly before, he wakes me up first thing shouting, I think for veg, a very cute and lovely little piggie. We're still getting to know him :)

Cocoa - She's a small girl, rumble struts around the cage and when you hold her she licks you and dozes off on you or watches the TV.

Nattie - She moans a lot at the other girls, seems a bit nervous when they come near her and tries to pee on them, when you hold her she licks and nibbles you.

Khaleesi - What can I say about this little madam lol, she's a bit skittish sometimes, likes to wind her sister Nattie up, they have some nice little arguments lol, she's a funny little girl and another one that likes to run around her cage. We've not worked her out yet!

Badger - we had a sow called Badger who was with the above girls, she seemed to be the mummy of the cage and would keep the girls in order, since she passed in Feb the girls seem to argue a lot. We haven't had the sows that long really, about 7 months.

Storm - Storm is a spoilt little piggie, he's my son's, when we first got him he was a lone piggie so he got lots of attention from my son, he doesn't like to have his tummy touch, he tries to round house kick you, he's very stroppy and funny lol, like to clean my son, tries to nibble his ear haha. Sorry this piggie really does make me laugh.

Snow - Is Storm's mate, we got him after we got Storm, we've not quite worked him out either! He does random popcorns but he is still a baby, about 10 months old. He's a little skittish, but he's getting use to being hand fed. He's picked up some habits from Storm (If that's possible? either that or he's like Storm!).

I'm still getting to know the sows and Snow really.

[you]Mabel[/you] - Shes so tiny yet has more character packed into her than I've ever seen! As soon as she hears my voice shes the first to the front of the cage. I love the way she bosses around all the other girls yet she often looks half their size. Very much a piggy that knows what she wants and how to get it. She absolutely loves a head scratch! The moment I stroke her head she closes her eyes and really enjoys it.

[you]Amber[/you] - I love how shes the first to start wheeking as soon as she hears me or the door open! She used to be such a diva, but seems to be calming down now shes getting older. I love how she plods around the cage chatting to herself as she seeks out the nicest strand of hay. She isn't a cuddle pig but loves climbing on my feet when I sit in the playpen, and follows me around the perimeter of the run when I'm gardening in the hope of a sneaky dandelion leaf.

[you]Dolly[/you] - I love how curious she is. Even though she is shy, she enjoys sniffing and nibbling my hands. She is very timid but is slowly coming around. Shes a bit of a lone ranger and often distances herself from the others, as before she came to me she was kept on her own. Although I still find her sneaking around and trying to cuddle in with Mabel or Peaches if they decide to allow it.

[you]Peaches[/you] - The queen of loud wheeks! It makes me smile how she watches Mabel and has now quickly learned that poking your nose through the bars of the cage usually means she'll get the veggies first. She protests with loud wheeks if I pick her up or brush her, but once shes had a brush popcorns around afterwards! It makes me laugh how she wheeks when any of the other girls try to share or kick her out of her cosy. If she does end up getting kicked out (which isn't often) she doesn't go without a loud protest.

I think there is a theme revealing itself here... have you noticed how all the girls are a) very loud b) very good at getting what they want and c) much bossier than their size suggests they should be. Basically ... female piggies all seem quite diva-ish hahahahaha

Pixel - when she's not being a devil-pig and biting my clothes or squirming like a loon when it's nail clipping time, I love her insistent wheeking that every small rustle, the bin opening or the patio doors opening absolutely definitely means there's food coming her way (at least, that's what she seems to think). Even though she can't sit still any more if the other two aren't on the sofa too, she pulls some pretty spectacular chooken legs and is just a lovely squishy ginger beasty!

Widget - Widget is very polite and doesn't have a loud voice at all; the most I hear from her is the little noises she makes when she's pottering about (has anyone played Banjo Kazooie? You'll know the noise I mean!) She has mastered the sneaky wee and has taught the other two how to stand up like meerkats when dandelions or grass are on the way.

Thor - my little hairy snuffle-pig! Thor loves snuggles with his mummy and quietly clucks away at lap time. He is also a total fruitloop and will be totally still, then start twitching and throwing himself all over the place, kicking his little bum skirt up as he runs :D

For Sundae: I love that she is such a trooper. She has had a ton of medical issues, from chronic bladder problems to a really huge jaw abscess, but she has never given up. She always fights to eat, fights to recover, and generally just keeps keeps on going. My vet said that she must have the heart of a lion in the body of a guinea pig! Sounds weird, but I am so proud of her! In terms of personality, she is actually very meek and cautious and seems to 'worry' about things, but at heart she is a little tank who just keeps moving forward!

For Hadley: She's still a fairly new addition, so I feel like we are still getting to know her a bit and her personality is still developing. However, I love her placid, mellow nature. I love that she lets us play with her feet. I love that she is the boss pig, but seems kinder about it than Linney was. I also love 'the flop' she does when she gets tired... it's like she plunks her head down first and the rest of her body follows!

For pigs from days gone by:

Frenzy: I loved that little dynamo of energy! I'm not sure if I ever saw her lay down. She was... extremely vigilant! LOL! And I love how much she talked. She was probably the chattiest pig we ever had. I wish we had had her a lot longer! :(

Linney: Sigh... there just aren't words. She was my best buddy for over six years. She was a major bossy diva with the other pigs, but a huge suck with the humans. And that she would never eat the stems of lettuce. That was for lesser beings, not for her! LOL!

For Sundae: I love that she is such a trooper. She has had a ton of medical issues, from chronic bladder problems to a really huge jaw abscess, but she has never given up. She always fights to eat, fights to recover, and generally just keeps keeps on going. My vet said that she must have the heart of a lion in the body of a guinea pig! Sounds weird, but I am so proud of her! In terms of personality, she is actually very meek and cautious and seems to 'worry' about things, but at heart she is a little tank who just keeps moving forward!

That's so lovely! x

Pixel - when she's not being a devil-pig and biting my clothes or squirming like a loon when it's nail clipping time, I love her insistent wheeking that every small rustle, the bin opening or the patio doors opening absolutely definitely means there's food coming her way (at least, that's what she seems to think).

Pixel sounds like she might be related to Jemima LC-Peach! :gd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back