• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What do you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilovepiggies

Now my piggies are settle in I decided to make our smalles spare room their room. I have their cage on top of a large chest so that they are the same height as the window. I know that it is essential to keep them out of draughts so I was a bit concerned that they are so near the window. I put them there so they get as much natural light as possible in these dark winter months. The window is duoble glazed and has a net up so I dont htink it will be particularly draughty. Does everyone think this sounds ok?
:)

Do you have the windows open a lot? If the windows are closed most of the time then they should be fine. Can you feel a breeze coming through when you stand next to it?

If you stand there and can not feel a draught and there is no movement in the net curtain to suggest a draughtvthen they will probably be fine.

If you are worried you could move them slightly away from the window so they still have enough light.

I never open this window and when I stand near it I cant feel a draught I think I may buy a lined curtain to put up and close it a night just to be sure :)

That should be fine I think... you could always put a blanket loosley over top if its draughty at night but with double galzing it shouldnt be
on a nice day its nice to open a window for air circulation and that should be fine as they will have hay and hideys if they are not happy :)

It should be ok, if there are no draughts. Does it get any sun as this can be as bad. Even in the winter if its sunny, it can get very warm. Just be aware that it may get too hot rather than too cold! My sons room is south facing and he has to open the window and close the curtains to the early afternoon sun when he's at the computer.

I will open the window for them if it gets too hot!

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back