• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What Do You Weigh Your Piggies In ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wondering how on earth I will be able to weigh my piggies.... How does everyone else do it ? Thanks..

We just use kitchen scales. The best thing is they're not digital so they're pretty old fashioned and it's a two person job (one to put pig in tray, the other to take pic so can work out weight). It works for us at the minute but I do wish I had digital ones.

I use digital scales with an upside down pigloo. I just pop the pig in and wait for a bit as the weight fluctuates when they move. I am sure that an old ice cream tub or something like that would work just as well.

I have old fashioned ones... Maybe I could pop one in the snugly sack then place her in the scale dish...

i have some baby scales that i use now, but have used kitchen scales in the past. i just put them on a fleece blanket but if you have a wriggly piggy, then inside a cosy bed is fine aswell. remember to subtract the weight of the fleece and/or bed though :)

I also use a digital kitchen scale....I put a large Tupperware on the scale and zero it then add the piggie.

another tip is to weigh the same object each time before using the scales (something that will never change weight) and that way you know if they're working properly. otherwise you get some weird readings if the battery is going! (as i found out after panicking once! :)))

my kitchen scales couldn't be set to zero after putting the cosy bed on for some reason :roll: so i had to subtract after. the baby scales i can zero after putting the fleece on :)

I use digital scales and an ice cream tub. Second the comment about checking scales are working correctly by weighing something else that doesn't change weight first. Spike gained 6oz one week!

we weighed them tonight... 12oz each ! tiny...

I have food scales and a plastic container (it's actually a doll bathtub from when my kids were younger.) I just adjust for the weight of the container, pop the pig in, and pop them on the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back